Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• United Colours

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Slug

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Your Blue Room

• Always Forever Now

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Beach Sequence

• One Minute Warning

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • ... Let's Go Native

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
A Different Kind of Blue got the boot with 26 votes.

For this album, polls will remain open only 24 hours.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- United Colours
- Slug
- Your Blue Room
- Always Forever Now
- Beach Sequence
- One Minute Warning
- Theme From Let's Go Native

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Tie would be cool. C'mon guys, let's make it happen, single day triple elimination.

One Minute Warning???

Kill off United Colours! It's the same damn thing over and over for 5 minutes. :tsk:

Each round is open for 24 hours for this album. Sometimes even less than that.

You do the math.

I'm sad to see even one vote for Slug.

It's in my Top 10.

I'm surprised people like One Minute Warning less than Let's Go Native or United Colours.

Let's Go Native. It would be nice if it actually went somewhere. Same could be said of One Minute Warning, I suppose, but the bass on Native is just too much repetition for me.

Let's Go Native. It's good; the rest of the songs here are great.

If One Minute Warning is anything but the last song to be eliminated, then you people just fail at Passengers. :tsk:

:wink:

Axver, about the Zoo show I asked about in Round 5. According to the U2 Live book Can't Help.. was played that night. At least if that book is considered accurate. Anyways... maybe it wasn't recorded... hmm.

edit: I meant U2 Live, not U2 Tour

bonocomet said:
Axver, about the Zoo show I asked about in Round 5. According to the U2 Live book Can't Help.. was played that night. At least if that book is considered accurate. Anyways... maybe it wasn't recorded... hmm.

edit: I meant U2 Live, not U2 Tour

I recall finding some mistakes in that, but it's generally extremely good and I'm usually happy to rely on it when verifying U2VT details. Varitek listened to the bootleg and believes that the ending sounds unnatural and Can't Help was likely played and just not included on the boot. Personally, I've no bloody idea where my copy of that boot has gone.

I know there's only a 4-vote difference right now, but does anyone care if I close the poll?

If anyone is honestly going to throw a ruckus, I'll grovel for forgiveness*, but I honestly don't think anyone will care. Thoughts?

*I'm totally lying

It's pretty close but it's not like this is the final round. I'm for closing it, because most who will vote have based on the Passengers participation numbers and it makes your life easier.

Edit: and I can't wait for Pop!

Considering Your Blue Room is heavily favored and only one or two left will compete with it, no one will care.

Axver said:

I recall finding some mistakes in that, but it's generally extremely good and I'm usually happy to rely on it when verifying U2VT details. Varitek listened to the bootleg and believes that the ending sounds unnatural and Can't Help was likely played and just not included on the boot. Personally, I've no bloody idea where my copy of that boot has gone.

Yeah according to the book, they played the song in part the night before, and since they felt it was succesful they played the whole song the next night, so it sounds like it was played. Strange that it's not on the bootlegs.

And I don't mind closing this poll.

phillyfan26 said:
Considering Your Blue Room is heavily favored and only one or two left will compete with it, no one will care.

It seems like it's closer than that between YBR and Slug, but that might be vocal Slug fans here artificially inflating its importance. That, and Axver bribing people.

But yeah, this has no effect on the final outcome.

Back
Top Bottom