Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Song Favorite Least Your For Vote

• United Colours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slug

• Your Blue Room

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Always Forever Now

• A Different Kind of Blue

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Beach Sequence

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Ito Okashi

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • One Minute Warning

• Corpse

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Elvis Ate America

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Plot 180

• Theme From The Swan

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Theme From Let's Go Native

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, just listening to Slug now. This is incredibly beautiful. This whole album really is the pinnacle of atmospheric U2. UF shows what U2 can do with atmosphere in a songwriting context, while this shows what U2 can do with atmosphere in a soundscape context. I adore both. I cannot grasp why Passengers has such a poor reputation. I can understand why some impatient people don't like, why people who urgently need hooks and four minute singles avoid it, but I don't think U2 fans in general are that daft that every song has to be Pride.

Hmmm.....my ranking of the songs would be ,

01 - Slug:drool: :drool:
02 - Always Forever Now:drool:
03 - Your Blue Room
04 Miss Sarajevo
05 - Theme From Let`s Go Native
06 - Beach Sequence
07 - Corpse
08 - One Minute Warning
09 - A Different Kind Of Blue
10 - United Colours
11 - Theme From The Swan
12 - Ito Okashi
13 - Plot 180
14 - Elvis Ate....:madspit:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

ok the only song I've heard from here is Your Blue Room and it's one of my favorite U2 songs. The rest I've neever heard so Im just gonna vote for whatever.

Hey, I have to sleep, you know. I couldn't just wait around for everyone to stomp on EAA enough to declare mercy. :wink:

I need to go back and listen to this album, since I haven't in awhile. In fact, I listened to it for the first time last summer since not long after it came out. I didn't like it then, but I like it better now. Elvis Ate America is awful, though. I remember that much.

I can't believe it has 27 votes already :lol: And I can't believe I missed the final round of voting for Zooropa. At least Zooropa won!

This one might actually end up closing itself. What've we got? 8 more hours?

I'm glad that Some Days are Better Than Others didn't win the Zooropa round. "Some days are dry, some days are leaky" ? It's like a commercial for Always.

Elvis must go. :down:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i voted for theme for the swan. i'm like one of two people in the entire world (that's a fact, yo) who actually likes elvis ate america.

maybe it's cuz i live in memphis :sad:

Must be. But don't fret. I'll be voting for Theme For The Swan next.

hillers said:
I'm glad that Some Days are Better Than Others didn't win the Zooropa round. "Some days are dry, some days are leaky" ? It's like a commercial for Always.

That's why it got kicked out very, very early. It had NO chance.

Diemen said:
^:up:

I'm blasting Your Blue Room as we speak. And I hope whoever voted can hear it.

Take that, you bastard. :grumpy:

Diemen, to be honest, you handled this situation fairly well on your own. You had the Powerjuice inside of you all along. Sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom