Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Song Favorite Least Your For Vote

• United Colours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slug

• Your Blue Room

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Always Forever Now

• A Different Kind of Blue

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Beach Sequence

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Ito Okashi

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • One Minute Warning

• Corpse

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Elvis Ate America

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Plot 180

• Theme From The Swan

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Theme From Let's Go Native

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrPryck2U said:
Last time I checked, Passengers wasn't a U2 album.

Last time I checked, Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo are on Passengers and on the Best Of [U2] 1990-2000.

Last time I checked, this game's for fun. Passengers is here for fun.

Passangers has been in every other survivor.

Your Blue Room, Slug, Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence, One Minute Warning and Theme From Let's Go Native are all quite good. The rest is average at best.

COBL_04 said:
Passangers has been in every other survivor.

Your Blue Room, Slug, Always Forever Now, Beach Sequence, One Minute Warning and Theme From Let's Go Native are all quite good. The rest is average at best.

Beach Sequence is average? ckuf eht tahW?

DreamOutLoud13 said:
LM, what the hell am I looking at in your av?

A shot of Mirrorball Man singing Ultraviolet from the 8/16/92 Washington DC gig. Terrible gig, but that performance was sublime.

mysterious_jen said:
i used to like it when i was desperate to hear u2 and usually high...

i hope your blue room takes the win

true and true.

it's totally on my list of "things that would be awesome to trip to if only Air didn't always get played first"

Pretty sure I must be the only person who doesn't hate EAA, I worship this album so this is a tough one. Hmmm, I think I'll vote for one minute warning.

Axver said:

Yeah, it would be useful on that album.

Passengers, however? Third best thing U2 have done behind UF and JT. Incredible atmospheres. :drool:

:drool: :drool:
Great post.
I'd put it behind AB, JT and UF as the fourth best album U2 have done.

LemonMelon said:

I wish I could hear Theme From The Swan though. :sad:

Does that mean you haven't heard the dog barking?
Theme from The Swan is so beautiful, great contrast between it and Theme From Let's go Native, you can definitely here that one!

I'm surprised Ito Okashi is coming second while Plot 180 has zero votes.

Axver said:
I'm surprised Ito Okashi is coming second while Plot 180 has zero votes.

Ito Okashi just really bores me. Makes me sleep...which most of the album does actually, but in a good way! I think maybe it's her voice. I find it too spooky!:ohmy:
No such problems with Corpse tho, oddly enough!

Aardvark747 said:

Ito Okashi just really bores me. Makes me sleep...which most of the album does actually, but in a good way! I think maybe it's her voice. I find it too spooky!:ohmy:
No such problems with Corpse tho, oddly enough!

I like her voice a lot actually, but I don't like the music on that one. Corpse I like better, it's in the middle for me.

I guess Plot 180 is everyone's 2nd-least-favorite. What a dubious distinction, it can't even fail right.

Varitek said:
I guess Plot 180 is everyone's 2nd-least-favorite. What a dubious distinction, it can't even fail right.

:lol:

As for Ito Okashi, I think Holi's voice perfectly suits the song. Aardvark's right about it being a bit spooky in a way, but I think of that as a good thing. Especially as it leads into the dark One Minute Warning.

LemonMelon said:

A shot of Mirrorball Man singing Ultraviolet from the 8/16/92 Washington DC gig. Terrible gig, but that performance was sublime.

Agreed. Ultraviolet and WOWY were the only two good performances in that entire show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom