Rest of U2 Survivor: October - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Gloria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Fall Down

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I Threw a Brick...

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Rejoice

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • With a Shout

Votes: 27 54.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
In our first double elimination, both Fire and Scarlet were bitch-slapped out of competition (19 votes each).

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours.
Songs in this round:

- Gloria
- I Fall Down
- I Threw A Brick
- Rejoice
- Tomorrow
- With A Shout

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

With a Shout goes here.

Cue Axver going off about I Fall Down not being worthy of continuing and being inferior to the Boy Tour version.

:wink:

phillyfan26 said:
With a Shout goes here.

Cue Axver going off about I Fall Down not being worthy of continuing and being inferior to the Boy Tour version.

:wink:

:lol:

I can't believe Scarlet and Fire are gone while such a dull and mundane song as I Fall Down is still here. And yes, the Boy Tour version was better! :wink:

Axver said:

:lol:

I can't believe Scarlet and Fire are gone while such a dull and mundane song as I Fall Down is still here. And yes, the Boy Tour version was better! :wink:

I'll second this thought...I personally voted for Brick this time, as it's just a little bit worse than I Fall Down

~A.j.~

With A Shout. I'm surprised I Threw A Brick is currently the closest to being voted off. I was under the impression we liked it :p

With a Shout should've gone last round. Scarlet and Fire should still be in the mix. In that perfect world, I would've voted for I Threw a Brick Through a Window. But the world is not perfect, so I must vote for that which should've already gone: With a Shout.

I Fall Down is one of the best cuts on that record. It's well constructed, sounds great, tells a story, and it introduced to the world the soft verse/loud chorus technique that many a grunge band would use later.

Worst cuts: With A Shout, Scarlet...both extremely pointless songs. I don't even think they qualify as songs.

Rubbish, Tomorrow pwns everything else on this album.

With a Shout for me...I Fall Down next and then it gets really painful.

Wow, poor With A Shout really is taking a huge hammering.

I'm surprised. I never knew so many people felt this way about I Fall Down. It's always been one of my favorite songs off October. The shimmering piano alone is worth the price of admission. And Larry Mullen's stuttering snare touches in the intro. Edge's falsetto backing. What's there not to like? I don't get it. It actually seems like they spent time on this song, unlike others on the album that sound like they were written on the spot, and not in a good kind of way.

ozeeko said:
I Fall Down is one of the best cuts on that record. It's well constructed, sounds great, tells a story, and it introduced to the world the soft verse/loud chorus technique that many a grunge band would use later.

Didn't Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds do that 15 years before October came out?

Back
Top Bottom