Rest of U2 Survivor: NON-ALBUM TRACKS 00-07 - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Summer Rain

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Always

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Big Girls Are Best

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • The Ground Beneath Her Feet

• Stateless

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Are You Gonna Wait Forever

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Fast Cars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Lady With the Spinning Head was the winner of the 90-99 non-album set.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours for the non-album track rounds.

Songs in this round:

- Summer Rain
- Always
- Big Girls Are Best
- The Ground Beneath Her Feet
- Stateless
- Are You Gonna Wait Forever
- Fast Cars

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

We originally had She's a Mystery to Me in this set, but took it out because the only U2 version is the live version, and it was initially written for and recorded by Roy Orbison.

There's a handful of really good songs here, one or two that baffle me with their popularity on this board, and one that really, really grates on me.

Big Girls may be best, but the song sure blows.

Eazy-V said:
No Xanax and Wine/Smile and the rest?

Those are in the next round. We're still dealing with songs that had official releases in some form or another. Next round will be those unreleased tracks from 2004-2007.

... as well as previously unreleased stuff that was on the reissue of The Joshua Tree. It's a mish-mash round. :)

I always hear people on this site talking about how they love Big Girls because it's "funky" or whatever. That sure doesn't make the song any good.

Always is next on my list because of that assinine safety belt line. And because it's just a rough draft of Beautiful Day.

corianderstem said:

Those are in the next round. We're still dealing with songs that had official releases in some form or another. Next round will be those unreleased tracks from 2004-2007.

... as well as previously unreleased stuff that was on the reissue of The Joshua Tree. It's a mish-mash round. :)

I always hear people on this site talking about how they love Big Girls because it's "funky" or whatever. That sure doesn't make the song any good.

Always is next on my list because of that assinine safety belt line. And because it's just a rough draft of Beautiful Day.
OK, sweet.

FYI, Interference, Big Girls Are Shit.

Whoa! These songs are beautiful.

Most of them anyway.

Well, Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless are beautiful.

I enjoy Summer Rain, Fast Cars, and Are you Gonna wait Forever as well.

Big Girls Are Best gets my first vote.

phanan said:

But those tracks aren't unreleased anymore. :wink:

I know! It felt silly typing out that post when I realized the same thing. But I guess that's where they ended up because they were released in 2007. And Axver put "unreleased" in quotation marks when compiling the master list, so there you go. :wink:

Oh what to vote for what to vote for. I hate half of these songs, I'll admit it.

Big Girls I think

corianderstem said:

I know! It felt silly typing out that post when I realized the same thing. But I guess that's where they ended up because they were released in 2007. And Axver put "unreleased" in quotation marks when compiling the master list, so there you go. :wink:

Yeah, it's the "Unreleased" category, with the quotation marks being rather important. Basically I didn't have a better name for "rarity tracks not released until the iTunes package and JT remaster". After all, they were pitched to us as "unreleased" ... :wink:

As for this round, hard to choose between BGAB and AYGWF. I suppose I'll go with the herd and oust BGAB. How about a mercy ruling!

phillyfan26 said:

Looks like pepokiss, but only because he mixed it up with some song named Tasteless.

Yeah, he must've posted an instant before me.

corianderstem said:
I have no problem with big girls. I have an extreme problem with awful U2 songs.

So why didn't you vote Always or Are You Gonna Wait Forever, then? :wink:

Last edited:
I dont' mean to be argumentative, but is for sanities sake that Ground Beneath Her Feet was counted as a non-album track?

I think Axver was going off the US regular releases, hence Fast Cars' inclusion as well. Or something like that. He and I had these discussions so long ago, I don't remember all the details and reasonings.

Tourist: I don't like either of those two songs either, but neither irritates me nearly as much as Big Girls Are Best.

corianderstem said:
I think Axver was going off the US regular releases, hence Fast Cars' inclusion as well. Or something like that. He and I had these discussions so long ago, I don't remember all the details and reasonings.

Tourist: I don't like either of those two songs either, but neither irritates me nearly as much as Big Girls Are Best.

Figured as much. It's not all that important honestly :lol:

Cori, btw....I've been meaning to tell you...I freakin' love your Av.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom