Rest of U2 Survivor: HTDAAB - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Love and Peace

Votes: 56 72.7%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
We cheated a bit and took a double elimination to save a round. Miracle Drug and OOTS are out, as the poll "closed" with 31 votes each.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Love And Peace
- City Of Blinding Lights

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

What a strange final two.

Repeating from last thread:

If people aren't cool with the closing early to preserve double elimination, pipe up here or in the next poll and I won't do it going forward.

I know one already piped up, but what say all of you?

corianderstem said:
Repeating from last thread:

If people aren't cool with the closing early to preserve double elimination, pipe up here or in the next poll and I won't do it going forward.

I know one already piped up, but what say all of you?

I think it's a great idea. If it's that close to a double elimination anyway, it's pretty bloody obvious what's going to happen in the next round and it's not worth wasting time.

Anyway, my vote goes to LAPOE. Both are good songs, but I simply prefer COBL.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
After this, do the winners from all the albums face off?

I was going to ask the same thing. I definitely think there should be a final vote with all the winners going up against each other.

Oh, and Love and Peace or Else has no chance here. City of Blinding Lights = easily the best song from the Bomb era.

I've got them on my list!

I'll need some help for a week in mid-April as I'll be out of town, but if no one can do it, I'm sure no one will cry too much if we wait a week without a poll.

corianderstem said:
I've got them on my list!

I'll need some help for a week in mid-April as I'll be out of town, but if no one can do it, I'm sure no one will cry too much if we wait a week without a poll.

We'll go back to just 24 hour polls for those rounds, right?

And hopefully we can drag some other premium member in to do the polls for us.

I'm fine with doing 24 hour polls.

Are we doing anything to help folks hear those non-album tracks if they don't know them? Any uploading or anything?

Voting out LAPOE, with respect. Love the song, and I love these lyrics (among my favorite of U2's):

As you enter this life
I pray you depart
With a wrinkled face
And a brand new heart

But COBL is one of my favorite U2 songs all in all.

corianderstem said:
I'm fine with doing 24 hour polls.

Are we doing anything to help folks hear those non-album tracks if they don't know them? Any uploading or anything?

We probably should ...

Maybe a thread on Music On The Internet with links to the rarities would be a good idea?

Well, it's officially released stuff (most of it). We may have to create links to email people.

I'm more than happy to work on that, provided I have all the songs (I think I do).

I don't know how quickly I'll be able to do it, considering this poll will start in the next day or so!

corianderstem said:
Well, it's officially released stuff (most of it). We may have to create links to email people.

I'm more than happy to work on that, provided I have all the songs (I think I do).

I don't know how quickly I'll be able to do it, considering this poll will start in the next day or so!

Oh yeah, that's right. If I remember correctly, I only used the officially released stuff, so e-mails will have to be used. At least I split the non-album sections down into what should be fairly manageable chunks to share.

I have a list of the songs I'm missing. I could have sworn I had some of them, but if I do, they are on some random disc and not catalogued meticulously with the rest of my stuff. :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom