Rest of U2 Survivor: HTDAAB - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • Love and Peace Or Else

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Original of the Species

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no justification for OOTS still being here. None.

Axver said:

:up: and there also no justification for OSC's early departure. I'm still shocked. It should have been in the top 3 over the crap thats still left.

luna_lovegood said:
:up: and there also no justification for OSC's early departure. I'm still shocked. It should have been in the top 3 over the crap thats still left.

Quoted for truth! One Step Closer is the only truly atmospheric song on the album. I think it should've won.

Axver said:

Quoted for truth! One Step Closer is the only truly atmospheric song on the album. I think it should've won.

Without a doubt, OSC the best of this bunch. 4 years since the release of the Bomb, OSC is the one song I can visit at any time and not be put off by it at all. You feel the band needed to make this song, with no regard to popular conception. It's so buried on the album and got hardly any respect in the earlier rounds :scratch: :grumpy:

Axver said:

It's the feel/steal/kneel bit that ruins it for you, isn't it? :) OOTS is without question my favorite song on the album (though I prefer the single version) but I can understand why people might not like it

Fake edit: Oh and I almost forgot, there's even a "soul" in there. Jeez Bono :wink:

It looks like Crumbs is going next, but the next round or two could be pretty close all the way through.

I'm gonna have to go for Original. It's just lacking. Or maybe it's got too much going on for its own good.

CTU2fan said:

It's the feel/steal/kneel bit that ruins it for you, isn't it? :) OOTS is without question my favorite song on the album (though I prefer the single version) but I can understand why people might not like it

Fake edit: Oh and I almost forgot, there's even a "soul" in there. Jeez Bono :wink:

:lol: No, I just don't like how it sounds, it almost feels like a children's song or something trying too hard to be "moving" and "inspirational". The piano in particular really grates. The whole song seems flaky.

Axver said:

:lol: No, I just don't like how it sounds, it almost feels like a children's song or something trying too hard to be "moving" and "inspirational". The piano in particular really grates. The whole song seems flaky.

That, and the lyrics are absolutely horrible.

Some things you shouldn't get too good at...

5th Marauder said:
Yahweh's gone?

Heathens!

Heathens? Really? Have you heard the song?

(p.s. 5th Marauder :hmm: ... you're name makes if think you're a fellow U2/HP fanatic ... ? If so :hi5: theres not to many of us out there!, if not .... :eek:)

Last edited:
Axver said:

I think it tries a little too hard, but it works for me. But then again I like that line in MD that everybody laughs at...

luna_lovegood said:

Heathens? Really? Have you heard the song?

(p.s. 5th Marauder :hmm: ... you're name makes if think you're a fellow U2/HP fanatic ... ? If so :hi5: theres not to many of us out there!, if not .... :eek:)

I am too. they are in my trinity with baseball. Luna I didn't see you around when HP came out this summer but we had some great threads in LS.

Varitek said:

I am too. they are in my trinity with baseball. Luna I didn't see you around when HP came out this summer but we had some great threads in LS.

:hi5:

Didn't really know my way around here then. I was spending way too much time hanging around in HP forums! But now HP's over, and new U2's on the way, I guess I decided to make my way over to ... blue-er pastures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom