Rest of U2 Survivor: HTDAAB - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • City Of Blinding Lights

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • All Because Of You

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • A Man And A Woman

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Original Of The Species

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pepokiss said:

like me and Your Blue Room :happy:

(which I absolutely love, BTW. You haven't lived until dancing with a girl you love with nothing but moonlight )

Well, if you love it, then why vote it off over songs you've never even heard? :huh:

LemonMelon said:

He's amusing himself. A truly noble deed.

finally someone that gets me

:hug:

Axver... it was obviuous that YBR would win... so why vote?

unless... I could have some fun with it

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
Those who voted for Crumbs, I have a question ... Why? Why kill off this album's best track? You make me sad.
The melody grates on my last nerve. Especially in the chorus, it just keeps going up and down, and I can't stand it:

"you speeeak of signs and wondEEEEERS
but I need something othEEEEEER
I would beliiieve, if I was abLLLLLEE
but I'm waiting on the cruuumbs from your tabLLLLLLE."

And then there's the poor production, and the fact that the mood of the music is so wrong. It's all cheery bells and light-hearted vocals... but it's about death and desperation. You'd think they would've learned their lesson after A Day Without Me.

Oddly enough, I really don't have much of a problem with any of the lyrics :shrug:

U2Fan101 said:
Crumbs. Ugh. I can't stand that song.
You and I should get married.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

And then there's the poor production, and the fact that the mood of the music is so wrong. It's all cheery bells and light-hearted vocals... but it's about death and desperation. You'd think they would've learned their lesson after A Day Without Me.

It's not THAT cheery. There's a fucking minor chord in there. That always means doom and desolation.

LemonMelon said:

It's not THAT cheery. There's a fucking minor chord in there. That always means doom and desolation.

Well it's not as perky as "A Day Without Me" at least.

Personally, I enjoy the juxtaposition of relatively cheerful music and depressing lyrics in songs like ADWM and Crumbs. ADWM, of course, is the superior of the two.

^ Shut up and get back to the football thread where us hermits belong, same goes to you Aardvark.

One step closer is like a coma.

Axver said:
Personally, I enjoy the juxtaposition of relatively cheerful music and depressing lyrics in songs like ADWM and Crumbs. ADWM, of course, is the superior of the two.

That's funny that you guys mentioned this because I was listening to Boy in my car yesterday and said the exact same thing to my kids (teens just getting really into U2 now). I think ADWM is perfect the way it is!

Varitek said:
i don't like all the little arguments that are the same thing over and over that break out here. :yawn:

What? We never do that!

I kid. It does get old, but I'm getting better about just rolling my eyes and moving on. Or, depending on my mood, pushing up my sleeves and jumping into the fray.

Maybe I need more of a life. :shifty:

In other news, I really like Crumbs, but that part that DOL mentioned does bug me. I don't like the melody and the falsetto in that part. But the rest of the song is really good.

A Man and a Woman is so incredibly grating for me. I think I've heard it twice my entire life. I always skip it.

You can't see me right now, but I'm sticking my tongue out at you and making fart noises in response to your post.

(Is that better?)

Back
Top Bottom