Rest of U2 Survivor: HTDAAB - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • City Of Blinding Lights

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • All Because Of You

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Crumbs From Your Table

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • A Man And A Woman

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • One Step Closer

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • Original Of The Species

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yahweh

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One Step Closer, in an attempt to save AMAAW, which is all kinds of awesome. Best bass line Adam has recorded in years.

No spoken words said:
A lot us hate LEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHMMMMMMMOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!

Leh-MAUN
See through in the sunlight
She WAH Leh-MAUN

:banghead: Great song ruined by the vocals.

CTU2fan said:
Hey no worries. I really really hate Lemon and get killed for it all the time. And of course there's Ax, and One. I also have it on pretty good authority that there's at least one member here who doesn't like Bad.
i don't like one either. :reject:

or bad. :reject: only studio...live bad is awesome.

If I had my way, it would be All Because of You -- a pretty dull song all in all. One Step Closer's beautiful. One of my favorites from the album. But I'm resigned to it's fate. I'll see if I can save it with a vote for A Man and a Woman.

the tourist said:
Don't understand the hate for OSC.

For me, it's like Grace: it's a snoozer.

I do wish U2 would go for subtletly over bombast more often than they do, but not if the results are like that.

corianderstem said:

For me, it's like Grace: it's a snoozer.

I do wish U2 would go for subtletly over bombast more often than they do, but not if the results are like that.

:tsk:

corri, what's your idea of subtlety?

This round is lame. I can't even vote strategically. A Man And A Woman is a decent little number, listenable but unexceptional, and should not be first to go. But One Step Closer is one of about only five songs U2 has recorded since 2000 that is actually worth a damn. It has great atmosphere, and frankly, I've come to think it's the best song on the album. But I think most people on Interference must have ADHD and need a Vertigo to get their attention. Even if I vote AMAAW to protect OSC, which I don't want to do, OSC will still go in the second round. People, stop listening to Phail Collins. :tsk:

My rankings:

1. One Step Closer
2. City Of Blinding Lights
3. Crumbs From Your Table
4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. A Man And A Woman
6. Miracle Drug
7. Original Of The Species
8. Yahweh
Vertigo
9. All Because Of You
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

If Native Son were on the album, it'd be either second or third, and if Smile were on the album, it'd be first.

Rob33 said:
corri, what's your idea of subtlety?

First, just one "R" in corianderstem if you're going to shorten it. :wink:

I'm not saying One Step Closer and Grace aren't subtle. I just don't care for either song.

I would like them to do a subtle song that I like. I like The First Time, and I consider that subtle. Maybe it's the lyrics. I don't care for the lyrics of either One Step Closer or Grace.

(And please do not tell me it's because I don't understand the lyrics. I understand them perfectly well, thank you, I just do not care for them.)

Varitek said:
also, i am looking forward to the b-side rounds where it will get a little quieter...

You don't like so much participation? I do. It makes things more lively.

For me it was between Yahweh, ABOY, and Crumbs for this first vote. Yahweh got it.

And I'm thinking COBL should win this round. Yeah, COBL definitely.

I'd be happy if COBL or MD won. Though I'm betting COBL because it was so insane live.

This round - MAAW.

Those who voted for Crumbs, I have a question ... Why? Why kill off this album's best track? You make me sad.

One Step Closer is gorgeous. My first vote should have been ABOY but I voted Crumbs, don't know why I did that. Oh well it doesn't matter anyway since AMAAW is being killed.

:(

One Step Closer. It was either that or (no way) Yahweh. I think they're the weakest tracks on an otherwise fairly consistent album.

Axver said:
But One Step Closer is one of about only five songs U2 has recorded since 2000 that is actually worth a damn. It has great atmosphere, and frankly, I've come to think it's the best song on the album.

Agree with this

Back
Top Bottom