Rest of U2 Survivor: ATYCLB - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Kite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a Little While

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Wild Honey

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • Peace On Earth

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • When I Look At the World

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • New York

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Grace bowed out with dignity, class and, dare I say it, grace (31 votes).

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Kite
- In A Little While
- Wild Honey
- Peace On Earth
- When I Look At The World
- New York

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Grace is about 10,000 times better than In A Little While.

Let's hope IALW perishes this time.

Axver, you're going to be a sad man when this poll ends. IALW isn't going anywhere for a while. Or should I say .... for a little while? :wink:

Axver said:

The lyrics suck and it's Bono's worst vocal performance ever.

The lyrics are pretty good, and I think, in this case and this case only, the vocals make sense being a little off.

phillyfan26 said:

The lyrics are pretty good, and I think, in this case and this case only, the vocals make sense being a little off.

Bono's vocals sound like he's got a cold and it makes the whole thing unlistenable. And I think even on an album with such poor lyrics as ATYCLB, IALW still manages to stand out as a shocker. It would have been better as an instrumental.

Peace On Earth. My least favorite here, and I want to protect Wild Honey and WILATW (no friggin clue why that one is on the chopping block :huh: ).

Peace, again...It soooooo should have gone before Grace.

And wow, I'm shocked that IALW has had to be defended - it's such a friggen amazing song! I love love love the lyrics and the vocals fit perfectly. It's emotionally wrenching and poetic...

Anyways...we all know which 2 it'll come down to, so I guess I don't really care what happens for a while (though I do really hope WILATW comes in 3rd)

I'm trying to figure out how IALW is possibly poetic.

That girl, that girl
She's mine
And I've know her since
Since she was a little girl
With Spanish eyes
Oh, when I saw her
In a pram they pushed her by
My, how you've grown
Well it's been, yeah
It's been a little while

Those have got to be some of the stupidest lyrics Bono has ever written. "Miami, my mammy" has nothing on that garbage.

Man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship into the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of light

Is what makes it so good to me.

And When I Look at the World is absolutely SUPERB, dont know whether the ones voting for it have bad versions or something.

Axver said:
I'm trying to figure out how IALW is possibly poetic.

That girl, that girl
She's mine
And I've know her since
Since she was a little girl
With Spanish eyes
Oh, when I saw her
In a pram they pushed her by
My, how you've grown
Well it's been, yeah
It's been a little while

Those have got to be some of the stupidest lyrics Bono has ever written. "Miami, my mammy" has nothing on that garbage.

As usual, people only pick out the worst lines. How about the entire previous verse, bridge, etc? The song is quite poetic.

I was thinking about withholding in hopes of a tie with Peace on Earth, but I think Wild Honey is gonna run away with it and I missed voting last round due to that strategy so Wild Honey it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom