Rest of U2 Survivor: ATYCLB - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Kite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a Little While

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Wild Honey

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • Peace On Earth

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • When I Look At the World

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • New York

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

As usual, people only pick out the worst lines. How about the entire previous verse, bridge, etc? The song is quite poetic.

It's not like I chose just one or two dodgy lines though. That's a fair bit of the song.

Here, I'll copy the entire lyrics from U2Wanderer with my opinion of each verse below it in brackets.

In a little while
Surely you'll be mine
In a little while I'll be there
(Crap.)

In a little while
This hurt will hurt no more
I'll be home, love!
(Crap.)

When the night takes a deep breath
And the daylight has no air
If I crawl, if I come crawling home
WiIl you be there
(Good.)

In a little while
I won't be blown by every breeze
Friday night running
To Sunday on my knees
(Meh.)

That girl, that girl
She's mine
And I've know her since
(Crap.)

Since she was a little girl
With Spanish eyes
Oh, when I saw her
In a pram they pushed her by
(Dreadful.)

My, how you've grown
Well it's been, yeah
It's been a little while
(Terrible.)

Slow down my beating heart
Man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocketship into the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail
The scatter of light
(Good.)

Turn it on
Turn it on
You turn me on
(Does this even count? If so, crap, I guess.)

Slowly, slowly love
Slowly, slowly love
Slowly, slowly love
(Crap.)

Thus, mostly crap.

Axver said:

Thus, mostly crap.

:lol: But there is some definite good in there. Therefore, you were exaggerating with the Miami comparison; there's nothing good in that song. ;)

The thing about In a Little While is I really like the way he sings it, I like the music, I like the way it sounds, so the lyrics don't have to be perfect this time. I just like listening to it.

Nooooooo, Ardy, New York is the only one worth of any listening in there!!!

Wild Honey out! In a Little While next.

bonocomet said:
The thing about In a Little While is I really like the way he sings it, I like the music, I like the way it sounds, so the lyrics don't have to be perfect this time. I just like listening to it.

:)

bonocomet said:
The thing about In a Little While is I really like the way he sings it

Yeah, Bono should record more songs when he's got the flu and sounds like shit. :|

Seriously, what song are you people listening to? Bono sounds like he's got a fucking frog in his throat. Even Popmart Sarajevo sounds better than the vocal take for IALW. Surely they had something better than that pig's breakfast to put on the album.

^ It's not all about soaring operatic flawless vocals, mate :wink:
(the story is that he was hungover, not flu-y, but either way...)

Peace On Earth.

Axver said:

Yeah, Bono should record more songs when he's got the flu and sounds like shit. :|

Seriously, what song are you people listening to? Bono sounds like he's got a fucking frog in his throat. Even Popmart Sarajevo sounds better than the vocal take for IALW. Surely they had something better than that pig's breakfast to put on the album.

FAILshipment.jpg

:wink:

Seriously though, all I can say is although a lot of the time I agree with your posts, this time I just can't relate to any of that. He doesn't sound like shit. I guess it's sort of like the MLK arguement. Some songs just feels good to listen to, that's all.

it suits the song, axver. there's raw emotion in that voice. a re-recording would take away everything the song has going for it. he may sound hungover, but it's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be, and as i've said, it's in my personal top 10 U2 songs.

If "In a little while" was meant to be sing the way he does on the album,then why he didn't singing it that way on the Elevation tour?

It was just an attempt on Bono's part to be arty.

As for which song should be gas on this round,it should be "New York"No one should try to duplicate the chairman of the board's "New York- New york".....there's no point to try that,really.

Last edited:
Cigar said:
If "In a little while" was meant to be sing the way he does on the album,then why he didn't singing it that way on the Elevation tour?

It was just an attempt on Bono's part to be arty.

As for which song should be gaz on this round,it should be "New York"No one should try to duplicate the chairman of the board's "New York- New york".....there's no point to try that,really.
well there's really no way of replicating that kind of voice, is there? it was a moment, captured beautifully.

Eazy-V said:

well there's really no way of replicating that kind of voice, is there? it was a moment, captured beautifully.

Well,he manage to sing "Lemon" with the falsetto vocal on ZOOTV just like on the album,didn't he?.So at least,he proved there was a reason to singing it that way and that it wasn't just to be arty.

you don't understand; bono was hungover and heartbroken when he recorded IALW. it's not a simple manner of switching that kind of voice 'on'; it's not like using falsetto.

^ Exactly. Plus, Lemon sucks :wink:

Voted Grace. Don't get the Wild Honey hate. I don't love WH, it's poppy fluff no doubt, but it doesn't flat-out suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom