Rest of U2 Survivor: Achtung Baby - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Least Favorite Song: Vote for it

• The Fly

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Love is Blindness had a whopping 24 votes in, like, 3 hours, so we killed that poll.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- The Fly
- Acrobat

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Voting for The Fly wasn't easy. But Acrobat is my eighth favourite U2 song, while The Fly is only around the 12th-15th mark.

The Fly, easily. Easily. So easily it makes me laugh. It's NOTHING compared to Acrobat.

Okay i voted for Acrobat because I figure it would be losing...so I made a big mistake. I hope this one is super close.

Buy why did we eliminate both UV and LiB last round? It was not a tie?

Edit: Nevermind. Turns out, in my drunken stupor, I missed an entire round of voting. My bad.

How is Acrobat losing? or winning? being eliminated???? Not okay people, not okay. The Fly is brilliant, but Acrobat is brillianter.

fandangamoq said:

Edit: Nevermind. Turns out, in my drunken stupor, I missed an entire round of voting. My bad.

I woke up Sunday with a vague memory of making several drunken posts Saturday night, but I'm not premium so I can't search and I have no idea in what threads I may have embarassed myself...

/tangent

Varitek said:
How is Acrobat losing? or winning? being eliminated???? Not okay people, not okay. The Fly is brilliant, but Acrobat is brillianter.

I agree. I made the mistake of blindly voting for Acrobat because, frankly, I thought it would be kicking The Fly's ass, so I wanted to help Bono's persona out a bit. Bad on me.

I can't believe people think The Fly is better than Acrobat. Basing things off of live performances=wrong (for this tourney at least).

Varitek said:
I woke up Sunday with a vague memory of making several drunken posts Saturday night, but I'm not premium so I can't search and I have no idea in what threads I may have embarassed myself...

/tangent

Well, just so you know, you don't like me any more because I apparently have poor thoughts on poetry. :wink:

the tourist said:
I can't believe people think The Fly is better than Acrobat. Basing things off of live performances=wrong (for this tourney at least).

Yeah, although they're both awesome, I think Acrobat is clearly the superior studio track, and we've got a Live Survivor in the works anyway!

Speaking of that, we never did settle in that last thread whether Wake Up Dead Man and Peace On Earth should be included.

this is pretty clear...we're talking studio people! studio fly is lacking...acrobat pretty much verges on perfection with its beautiful 6/8 drum pattern, now, I'll admit Larry does a fine job in Fly...but c'mon

lyrically and vocally, acrobat also wins IMO

the Fly should be loosing!!! :mad:

Axver, yes they should be included...even though they serve more as an interlude or a mood setter more than anything else i think, they should still be included. They certainly shouldn't be considered snippets. So I say include those two...I'd be more inclined to say included Wake up and not include Peace on Earth, but if they're moving as pairs then I say include both, it can't hurt.

Yeah, my current list includes Wake Up Dead Man, as I believe it constituted an independent song when played live (as demonstrated by the fact its live appearances have not been dependent on it being tied to just one song), but not Peace On Earth.

Most performances of Peace On Earth are clearly snippets. There are a couple, however, where Bono sings a lot of it and it's been an unresolved issue on U2VT whether or not to label that as a snippet. However, since it served as an intro to Walk On in every single context, I believe it does not count as sufficiently independent to qualify as appearing in its own right. Perhaps we should instead have a qualifying round of Walk On vs POE/Walk On.

Bye Bye Acrobat. The Fly is my favourite U2 single of all time. Much as I love Acrobat, this was no contest!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom