Rest of U2 Survivor: Achtung Baby - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zoo Station

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Who's Gonna Ride...

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • The Fly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultraviolet

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Love Is Blindness

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
So Cruel went down squealing like a pig, with 37 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Zoo Station
- Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
- The Fly
- Ultra Violet
- Acrobat
- Love Is Blindness

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Who's Gonna Ride. Next I'll vote for Zoo Station. After that it might be just about impossible for me to vote for any of the others.

And, in case anyone cares, I'm now picturing Bono squealing like a pig.

Time for Ultra Violet to die.

It's somewhat excusable that it hasn't perished yet, given the widespread unpopularity of TTTYAATW and So Cruel, but it doesn't deserve to survive any longer.

the "hey hey sha la la" part of WGRYWH is the only part of the entire album that annoys me. I'm actually really surprised So Cruel got voted off so early, because I think it's a much better song than even some of the singles. Thematically, it's central to the album for me.

All of the anti-'Ultraviolet' talk I've been reading has seemed to infiltrate my young and impressionable mind and now actually has me questioning the quality of a song I used to adore. Damn you 'Ultraviolet' haters!!! A plague on all your houses!!!
:wink:

All of these songs are a big reason why I love U2 but I will still vote for 'Zoo Station' here.

I'm gonna vote Ultraviolet just to save Who's Gonna Ride... even though it pains me to vote for a song as gorgeous as Ultraviolet. But I cannot stand the WGR hate in this forum! :mad:

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, It's alright
Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby
It's alright, it's alright

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, It's alright
Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby
It's alright, it's alright

Now I'm actually reconsidering my vote for WGRYWH.

God, there's so much 'baby' and 'alright' in Achtung. Surely those two words must take up a double figure percentage of all lyrics on the album.

The Sad Punk said:
God, there's so much 'baby' and 'alright' iAchtung. Surely those two words must take up a double figure percentage of all lyrics on the album.

I've got to admit, 'soul' is an improvement on that.

Though Achtung ushered in the kneeling era ...

All youse guys wondering why people are hating on a particular song:

please bear in mind that we have to vote for SOMETHING. Just because we're voting for it doesn't mean we hate it.

Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled deathmatch round.

FitzChivalry said:
Weren't "The Fly" and "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" released as singles? Why are they in this comp? Just b/c they weren't on the "Best Ofs"?

This is not Non-Single Survivor.

The entire premise is that U2 have released three Best Ofs (the obvious two and U2 18), so what does Interference think is the best of the rest? Hence "Rest Of" U2 Survivor. The Fly and WGRYWH were not on any regular pressings of the three compilations, and that's why they're here.

And if anybody raises "but The Fly's going to be the clear winner here" - well, if Interference thinks it's the best of the rest and an incomprehensible omission from the Best Of 1990-2000 (and of course it does), then no shit, it will come out on top of Achtung.

Back
Top Bottom