Respecting The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Please step away from the edge."

------------------
"The Edge is a great singer. Let's get the Edge up here." - Bono, 9/23/97, Sarajevo

"Brian Eno. Edge." - Bono, 09/12/95, Modena

"Edge." - Bono, 05/01/2001, Minneapolis

"You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." - TMBG

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
"Please step away from Z-edge."

Thank you SS
wink.gif

And please do not call them at home, even you find the phone number (hint, hint, Plebans).

*crap*

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-14-2002).]

About three weeks ago a friend of mine who works at a well known eating establishment in Dublin had the pleasure of having the Edge come in for some chow. He said it was a bit embarrassing ? people kept coming up and hassling him while he was trying to eat ? mostly drunk blokes, and my friend said he could tell he was getting a bit annoyed as it really spoilt the night for him. He doubts if he would ever go back to this restaurant.

I kind of felt a bit sad ? here is the Edge, just back from being a hero on tour for months, and maybe he just wants to be normal again in his hometown. I know most of us may never get the chance to meet one of our heros, but if you do, please show a bit of respect, especially if the occasion warrants it.
wink.gif

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Yeah, well put. You really have to give them respect and space, especially somebody as kind and considerate as The Edge. He would be the last one to tell you to leave him alone, and would probably be worried more about hurting your feelings than having a damn meal. I mean they know the whole time they tour they will not have a moment of privacy and that is part of it. But, it used to be when they went back to Dublin that folks kind of gave them some space. I can't fault the "drunken Blokes" because I'd probably be just as bad as those who have met me can attest to.

If you really want to support the guy and show your love then have a license plate like Z-EDGE or an email address like Z69EDGE or a username like z edge.

Back
Top Bottom