Replace a JT song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I saw somebody do this with AB, so how about JT? I never liked Mothers of the Disappeared and thought it sounded like it didn't belong on the album. I think Hearltland goes so well with the theme of the album and would fit in good with In God's Country and Red Hill Mining Town. What song would you like to vote off JT and what would you replace it with?

I like Trip Through Your Wires, but if you were going to force me to choose that's the one I would replace. It would be a lot more at home on Rattle and Hum. I'd never considered it before, but I think Heartland would be a good candidate to replace it.

I can't imagine TJT without Mothers of the Disappeared as the closer. I think it fits in perfectly with the rest of the songs.

Blah I hate these kinds of threads.

I :heart: Trip through your wires.

I would ax motd though I guess.. dunno what I'd replace it with.

Trip Through Your Wires and/or Red Hill Mining Town...Don't know what I'd put in place of them...Perhaps Heartland and something else...

Hard question -

But I'll have to say I'd replace "In God's Country" with "Luminous times (hold on to love)". Oh lordy that would be great. I also considered replacing it with "hawkmoon 269" ... it would surely fire the album up some, and it would definately stand out with its style and all. But I'll stick with the original:

"In God's Country" with "Luminous Times".

- The Zoocifer -

Trade MOTD for Spanish Eyes. I love Trip through your Wires and In God's Country, why do so many people want to throw those away?:question:

everyone's idea of Heartland is really good...although I think Spanish eyes for "trip" is a cool idea. I never thought of "Trip" fitting better on Rattle and Hum but it totally makes sense. I could see it coming right after Desire in the track listing. I would put Spanish eyes on JT because it sort of feels like "Trip" but it doesn't have the country music feel.

PopFly said:
I wouldn't change a thing. JT is the only U2 album that is perfect from start to finish.

God bless you.
....there's not a song on there that needs to be altered...imo.

i'm telling you, if JT didn't have TTYW....the last half of the album would sound quite drab and stagnant...i don't think it's out of place. imo, it injects the album with some "kick" and jubilation. i personally cannot see how anyone can be immune to the awesome rawness of that song.

The Joshua Tree is the best recorded album ever, period.

BUT - I would make it a double album by adding Hawkmoon 269 and Heartland

why is it so many people don't care for MOTD??? that songs is very very moving and a perfect closer.

The Arms of America said:
Take off MOTD and replace it with AIWIY.

at gunpoint only, i would do this

but i'd really hate to mess with a masterpiece

I'm surprised at most of the choices. I am saddened to see so many take off IGC or RHMT. Those are my favorites and the ones I wanted to set the mood of the rest of the album.

Back
Top Bottom