Remix of Vertigo on Radio 1 NOW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could some kind soul please post the full mpeg video....original link is down..(over limit)

TIA

Does anyone else see the potential for this to be the pre show music right before they come on playing the real song?

They could just stop the remix around the deliciously energetic siren things towards the beginning.

Just think...that edge ringing guitar part coming over the speakers as they start walking on stage...

If this happens to be the case, someone owes me some cookies.:yes:

WOW. Maybe we're on to something here!

I think it would make for an awesome intro. It would also definitely fit with the increase in technology that the band is talking about for this tour.

mmmm. cookies....:drool:

u2fuji said:
Could some kind soul please post the full mpeg video....original link is down..(over limit)

TIA

video

Its RealMedia

Whoops. I just realized that everyone is looking for the FULL video. The one I have up is the TOTP version, just to be clear.

Last edited:
What. Total. Crap.

I hope I never hear that ever again. That just proves my theory that remixes are TERRIBLE. For the love of everything sacred, U2, STOP MAKING REMIXES. That was totally appalling. I can't even listen to the whole thing. Nice way to butcher a fantastic song ...

OH MYYYYYYY !!!!! :drool: This is what i originally visioned Vertigo to be and IMO this kicks the teeth of the original version. The intro is straight out of UF and the Bass/Synth rythmn section is INCREDIBLE ! Thank you Jackknife Lee for taking an almost boring original and putting LIFE into it. My only problem with it is it's too short but that's ok i'm gonna remix it myself tommorrow and make some parts longer (looped). :D

Party Boy said:
Anyone think the intro guitar sounds a wee bit like intro to Spanish Eyes?

As a fan of dance music, I like it! Its another way for U2 to reach across fans of other music genres, that to me is good!

I'm glad you love it too, and when i heard the intro i was like YESSSS ! Now that my friends is THE EDGE and guess what, that part is not even in the regular version which is just one reason why this version is better. :wink:

Nice...can someone post a version with a fade out the end so the start of the next song is cut off ?

Last edited:
Does Zane Lowe like Vertigo then? I never expected him to play a U2 song, hope he does, that'd be pretty cool. I assume he does if he's playin' it.

The remix is growing on me, I hate the beats though, but theres' some nice touches. I like the general dirty vibe it's got, and there seems to be slightly different vocals as well. If you mix the original with this it would be pretty coool. I love vocal distortion though.

I think the remix is superb - thanks for posting it! I agree with many of you here that remixes tend to be crap. But this doesn't take away from the spirit of the original and adds some pretty good sounds - a strong industrial landscape and also allows the vocals through more clearly.

Maybe I'm biased by just being desperate for any new U2 but I feel that this mix will suit a different mood/time of day to the original Vertigo.

Still want to hear clear copy of the version where the plug is pulled out of the wall!

:wink:

EvolutionMonkey said:

I'm glad you love it too, and when i heard the intro i was like YESSSS ! Now that my friends is THE EDGE and guess what, that part is not even in the regular version which is just one reason why this version is better. :wink:

Actually it is on the original. It's more in the middle of the song. Jacknife obviously loved that part and mixed the song in order to incorporate that sound as the foundation of the song while it only appears briefly in the original mix. I like it because it's a remix that actually keeps it concise, not like 10 minutes or anything.

The only part I don't really like is Bono's voice loses its clarity. It sounds cool though, especially the sirens!

mmm...cookies:wink:

Hola amigos :yes:

well, first of all, this is a "Remix", so it´s sound Techno, but despite that there´re so many interesting things on this version that are worth listen !!!!!!

First of all, some seconds of chattering like "Zoo TV" intro :bow: but then Bono´s voice stuck in "Catorce" ( 14 ) at 0:08 that´s crappy :down:, after that an awesome Edge´s guitar sound alone !!!! :laugh: so, so damn good !!!!

Then some loops and programming :down: but a "Zoo TV" line makes that part better. I like the riff changes before Bono start to sing :up: also Bono´s voice sound far is better here :bono: actually sounds so much dark and agressive, as well the first chorus, without drums or programming :bow: in its first part.

After the chorus, more Edge´s cool guitar, and then the middle part ( the remix has the first two parts before the Chorus, unlike original version )
Sadly, there´s no guitar solo :( and during the last part the overall sounds turns lower quality

So, it has its great moments, but also crappy moments.
This version would be so, so much better

I quite like the remix.

You can't think of it as an alternative to the original. It goes in a certain context. If I was at a club and this remix came on, I would go fucking bananas!

When I am at home or anywhere else, give me the original anytime.

BTW, does anyone find the verse reminiscent of Born Slippy by Underworld?

Yeah, the inital burst is very Underworld's 'Born Slippy' from Trainspotting. They're friends with those guys some maybe it's a little nod to them?

Are you sure?

I thought that the few seconds of chatteringat the beginning is just what radio 1 does .. I could be wrong. I think the remix is like U2 meets the Cure/ I like the Cure. So for me it's a good thing.
ponkine said:
Hola amigos :yes:

well, first of all, this is a "Remix", so it´s sound Techno, but despite that there´re so many interesting things on this version that are worth listen !!!!!!

First of all, some seconds of chattering like "Zoo TV" intro :bow: but then Bono´s voice stuck in "Catorce" ( 14 ) at 0:08 that´s crappy :down:, after that an awesome Edge´s guitar sound alone !!!! :laugh: so, so damn good !!!!

Then some loops and programming :down: but a "Zoo TV" line makes that part better. I like the riff changes before Bono start to sing :up: also Bono´s voice sound far is better here :bono: actually sounds so much dark and agressive, as well the first chorus, without drums or programming :bow: in its first part.

After the chorus, more Edge´s cool guitar, and then the middle part ( the remix has the first two parts before the Chorus, unlike original version )
Sadly, there´s no guitar solo :( and during the last part the overall sounds turns lower quality

So, it has its great moments, but also crappy moments.
This version would be so, so much better

lights go down
it's dark
the jungle is your head
can't rule your heart
and fear has taken over every thought
your eyes are wide
and though your soul it cant be bought
your mind can wander

- anyone else hear that line change and did i get it right?

I hope no one minds me bumping up this thread.

I know I downloaded this song, but can't find it. :scratch:

Does anyone still have this remix? NOTE: This is NOT the Jacknife Lee remix.

If anyone has it, could he/she put it up on a site to share?

Thank you! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom