Reminder: VH1 I love The 80's 1986-87 Thursday Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That PSA they showed-the one Schmeg talked about-oh, my god, I remember seeing that one on T.V. when I was little! It's so weird to know that it's been so long since then.

Okay, quick confession here-PSAs used to scare me when I was little. They always had the scary music or the serious stuff and all that, and...I dunno...they just always scared me (seriously, there have been some rather creepy PSAs in the past).

Those "Baby On Board" signs looked so goofy (I like what that one lady said, "I don't care what you've got on board!").

Liked the bit on U2. It was great (god, I wish I had been at the video shoot for "Where The Streets Have No Name"...what a cool video).

That album's 15 years old now, did you guys realize that?

And it's still awesome. :).

Angela

One quick note on Henry Rollins, I saw one interview with him last year when, of course the interviewer had to ask him about U2. He did say something like, their music doesn't rock, its music made for 40 year olds, but he also said that he gave Bono a lot of credit for what he was doing for Africa.

Does anyone else remember this? I think it was some VH1 thing.

dipster said:
One quick note on Henry Rollins, I saw one interview with him last year when, of course the interviewer had to ask him about U2. He did say something like, their music doesn't rock, its music made for 40 year olds, but he also said that he gave Bono a lot of credit for what he was doing for Africa.

Well, what's he going to say?

"Bono is such an asshole, running around Africa trying to help all those poor, starving, sick, dying people. Who does he think he is? A decent human being?" :rolleyes:

But I think Henry is pathetically hiLARRYious.

dipster said:

I DO REMEMBER THE INTERVIEW THAT YOU REFER TOO. IT WAS ON "LATE NIGHT WITH ZACK," A NOW-DEFUNCT VH-1 SHOW (ROLLINS ON A THIRD-RATE SHOW, BASHING U2, GO FIGURE).

BIG FREAKIN' DEAL THE GUY GAVE A SLIGHT NOD TO BONO FOR PLAYING AN ACTIVE ROLE IN HUMANITY. HE STILL COULDN'T DO IT W/OUT THROWING A FEW KNOCKS IN THERE.

AND HE IS WRONG: U2 DOES NOT MAKE MUSIC FOR 40 YEAR OLDS. THEY MAKE MUSIC FOR EVERYONE AND ARE ONE OF ONLY A FEW BANDS IN HISTORY THAT HAVE CROSSED GENERATIONS, WHICH IS AN AMAZING FEAT. SOMETHING SHITHEAD COULDN'T RELATE TO SINCE HIS NOISE, UHH MUSIC, IS INTENDED FOR BITTER ADOLESCENTS WHO HAVEN'T BEEN HUGGED BY THEIR MOMMY ENOUGH.

I REALLY THOUGHT HE(ROLLINS) WAS SMARTER THAN THIS. HE IS JUST SHOWING HOW PATHETIC, JEALOUS AND BITTER HE REALLY IS......FUCK 'EM!!!

Last edited:
Boy, MBH is REALLY pissed with all the CAPS thing going on :laugh:, but yeah, I have to agree with you there. Rollins is a miserable, bitter, f*cked up son of a whore. :madspit: :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom