Remembering why I'm here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I think it's about time for a straight up U2 lovin' thread, don't you? I don't know if this sounds weird or what, but for me, U2 just always seemed like the perfect band. They always just seemed to fit so well together. Even before I was officially a "fan" I remember seeing them on TV in the early 90s, watching them on MTV with my mom. I don't know what it was, but for me, something always just made sense with them.

Okay...don't know if that made any sense at all, but it's late, I'm sleepy, and I haven't taken my nighttime allergy meds yet, so...:lol:

I just marvel at how U2 have stayed together, stayed strong as a band, all these years. It's just so cool to think that people could have that kind of close bond where they just keep plugging at it.

I love talking to other people about how they feel about my favorite band. I love anticipating the latest single, album, or tour.

I just love this band.

And I swear that even if I hear them play "One" live 100 times, they will still move me to tears each time.

The thing I love most about U2 is that they're the type of band that every musician wants to be in.

U2 makes other great rock n' roll bands look bad just because of the brotherhood and spirit they have.

-[z]-

wertsie said:
I love talking to other people about how they feel about my favorite band. I love anticipating the latest single, album, or tour.

I just love this band.

And I swear that even if I hear them play "One" live 100 times, they will still move me to tears each time.
:yes: :up: :yes: All been said.

This is part of a letter written by a girl called Ann Storey to Oprah, about U2...From here: http://www.thesheridanpress.com/People.htm

"?The goal is soul.? When I heard these words sung by Bono, the way I viewed the world, and myself as a part of it, was forever changed," Storey wrote to Oprah.

"From that moment on I decided to do everything possible to find, feed, and nourish my soul. U2 has long been my favorite band and their music has definitely been food for my soul. Each album is in some way important to me. I can listen to any one, at any time, and find happiness, frustration, sadness and joy," she wrote."

Being a long time U2 fan I couldn?t agree more with those two young girls...Ann Storey and our dear Interference friend wertsie.

U2 have always amazed me...through their unique music, through their passion, through their friendship and commitment with each other...because they are caring, because they are daring, because they are diligent in everything they do, because they love what they do for living, because they love people, because they are unique.

And I?m lucky for having them in my life.

I totally agree with you guys.

U2 is an amazing band. They're so inspiring and uplifting (Paul Schaffer called Bono "the motivational speaker of rock & roll" once...how true that is). And they also have alerted people to the problems facing the world, which is great-gets people motivated to help out.

And you guys mentioned that friendship...once again, agree-so many bands change members all the time, but these guys are one of few bands that's kept the same people ever since they began...very admirable.

I'd always liked these guys, too, even before I was a diehard fan. I heard their songs all the time when I was little.

These guys just absolutely rule. They're gonna be a band that will be remembered for years to come...they've earned their place in music history. I'm glad they're here...I can't imagine what the world would be like without U2 around, nor do I want to imagine that.

Angela

:hug: I'm glad that so many of us have mentioned the friendship that the band so obviously shares. Actually, one of my favorite parts of seeing them live is watching that unfold. It's so obvious that they really care about each other and that they genuinely love what they're doing. I can't begin to say how much I respect and admire them for that!

I love U2. I saw the Elevation video on tv this afternoon and it just brightened my day. :hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom