Remembering Earls Court 2001!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Yes Im rather reminiscent this week and today marks a year since the 21st gig in Earls Court.
Its also the day Bob Hewson passed away, and Bono and Ali's anniversary(I think).
All the Earls Court shows were this week, so I thought it would be nice to leave a comment or two if you were at those shows.It was a purely magical show for me, and a time I won't ever forget. I met some great people and got to experience U2 in an incredible way by being up close in the heart. Just pure magic, but if you are interested in my thoughts back then...

Here's my journal entry/review of the day. Its the Tuesday entry.

334%3C%3B34723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B4%3B99%3B2ot1lsi

334%3C%3B34723232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B4%3B99%3B3ot1lsi

334%3C%3B34723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B4%3B99%3B4ot1lsi

334%3C%3B34723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B4%3B99%3B5ot1lsi

:heart:

I agree manda, it was nothing short of magical. i remember just sitting down inside the heart at the end of the show stunned, in tears....

i have never, and will never see a show like this one...

what bono said about his da..

i just remember standing in the heart crying like an idiot, but that was for more pesonal reasons than anything.
i cant believe you adn i were so close and didnt even know. :sad:

i know...one of the only things i regret from that show! not bumping into u!

I was there too. It was my first U2 show ever. I dont think any other shows will ever really compare.
I remember someone getting a phone call and news going round the GA line that Bob had passed away. The most amazing day I have ever had in my life, just wish it had been under more happy circumstances.

yes i remember that too Jody.
whereabouts were u situated in the line/ and in the heart?

I've heard recordings of Earls Court 3.

The acoustics kind of sucked, but the passion was there.

Cowgirl said:
yes i remember that too Jody.
whereabouts were u situated in the line/ and in the heart?

I was very early hundreds in line, like 104 or something. I ended up 3rd row in the heart directly in front of Bono.
Id just started lurking on interference a month or two before that show, I wish Id registered earlier. id have loved to have met some interferencers. Oh well next time.

yep I was there on the sat 18th, sun 19th, and weds 22nd august gigs! The only reason I never went to the tuesday gig was because I couldn't get a ticket! A year on and still haven't come down from the high yet! If only I could turn back the clock and relive it all over again! I was in the heart on the sat gig, first time I have managed to get close to U2 up close and personal! Sun gig was up in the stands and weds gig was on the floor in the middle just back from the heart! Best week of my life so far!

One of my pics from the heart! :heart:

Attachments

• bono1.jpg
    bono1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 25
yep I was there on the sat 18th, sun 19th, and weds 22nd august gigs! The only reason I never went to the tuesday gig was because I couldn't get a ticket! A year on and still haven't come down from the high yet! If only I could turn back the clock and relive it all over again! I was in the heart on the sat gig, first time I have managed to get close to U2 up close and personal! Sun gig was up in the stands and weds gig was on the floor in the middle just back from the heart! Best week of my life so far! :heart:

Last edited:
Hi Amanda!

Loooong time no talk!! (the new layout here gives me a headache!!!) but yes indeed, I have thought about all the Earl's Court gigs every day this week!

I went to all of them (lucky me!) so I have so many wonderful memories of all of it!!! yes, definitely one of the best week's of my life!

I was there on the 21st with Johnny and Rosa!! My two dearest friends ever!

20 to 40!!!!

Best memories of my life those two crazy weeks following the boys. Wow. I just can't believe it's been a year. That gig was the best. I have never cried so much in my life. What an experience. Words can not express.

3353278723232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C63337%3C4ot1lsi

Hey! Where's Mysterious_Ways? :shrug: Bad girl gone astray...

Last edited:
sigh

Jody, no way! I was practically in the same spot! You probably weren't far from me at all. Im sure I wasn't far off that number. You got a pic anywhere in pleba?
Isnt it crazy?

Same goes for Angel, Jon and Rosa, and the weirdest part is that I actually remember seeing them and never met up with them. I was probably not far from you in the background in that photo Christina.
Julie, tis long time no see! Well, my dear, you were the only Interferencer that I met in London and I'm glad you came up to me.
Get this guys...Im talking to this American couple who were in the same dilemma picking up their tix from the box office as me and the husband called me by my name as this cute little blonde girl walks by. She stops and says to him "Amanda?..where?"
I said "Amanda me"
and then msladywiththespinninghead asks me if i happen to be 'zooropamanda' and shocked that someone would ask me that I said yes and how funny it was that we caught up in the way.
it was cool talking to you that day Julie and made it such a part of the crazy u2 gig going experience. :laugh:

Damn shame we all didnt know each other as well back then as we do now though, hey?

Great pic of Bono whatabomb!

Amanda :heart:

i had to come back and share my favourite pic of Edge from the 22nd show

33532%3A3923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B%3C274%3C%3Bot1lsi

and one of Bono apart from that hand grrr
33532%3A3923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D945%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C%3B%3C2756%3Bot1lsi

ZA I dont have any pics on the web. Im a bit shy about photos. Looking at Angels photo though, I definitely remember her. If I remember correctly we were right next to her in line for ages during the day.
I wish Id been around this place before that show, would have been nice to meet y'all.

:)

Back
Top Bottom