Remember beach clip 409A? The Strokes song? Well...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Remember beach clip 409A? With Bono singing vocals over top of what seemed to be a Strokes track? People deduced that it seemed like it was a track from Albert Hammond Jr of the Strokes, from his upcoming solo record.

There are news reports today about that record, but Bono isn't mentioned as a collaborator. Maybe that song will just go unreleased? Discuss amongst yourselves...

--------------------
Strokes star goes solo
Brand new album features special guests

rollingstone.com

The Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. has revealed plans to release his first solo record.

The 10 track album - 'Yours To Keep' - features an all star cast including Sean Lennon, Fountains Of Wayne's Judy Porter, Ben Kweller, Mikki James, Sammy James Jr. and band manager Ryan Gentles.

The album was recorded at New York's Electric Ladyland Studios with Josh Lattanzi on bass and Matt Romano on drums.

Former Thin Lizard Dawn vocalist Greg Lattimer has produced the album.

The track listing for 'Yours To Keep' is:

'Cartoon Music for Superheroes (Goodnight)'
'In Transit'
'Everyone Gets A Star'
'Call An Ambulance'
'Blue Skies'
'Back To The 101'
'Bright Young Thing'
'Scared'
'Holiday'
'Hard to Live in the City'

'Yours To Keep' is out on October 9.

But beachclip 409 wasn't a completed song at that point. The song was a recording and not live but it sounded like U2 was playing it. This doesn't make any sense. Why would U2 when showing off new material have a song by another artist if they weren't doing a collaboration? Why would U2 take the time to record the song if they had no involvement? :scratch:

Have you read the thread in Albums Have No Name? They didn't play anything, it was all recorded, they had the Strokes over, and the Strokes played the song for U2.

I got the impression U2 had nothing really to do with the song other than Bono playing around singing along.

It wasn't a collaboration as far as we know right :slant:

redkat said:
I got the impression U2 had nothing really to do with the song other than Bono playing around singing along.

It wasn't a collaboration as far as we know right :slant:

That's what I think too.

phillyfan26 said:
Have you read the thread in Albums Have No Name? They didn't play anything, it was all recorded, they had the Strokes over, and the Strokes played the song for U2.

The song that appeared on the beach clip was not the same version of In Transit as was heard before and sounded like U2 was possibly playing it on the recording. Perhaps *you* have not read the thread in Albums Have No Name?

nathan1977 said:
Maybe Fake Edge was involved in the writing of In Transit.

I've heard about fake edge a lot of times on this forum, but what exactly is the story about fake edge?

BANZAI said:

I've heard about fake edge a lot of times on this forum, but what exactly is the story about fake edge?

I don't know the full scoop, but it was basically one person claiming they were really The Edge and fooling alot of people a few years back.

Screwtape2 said:
But beachclip 409 wasn't a completed song at that point. The song was a recording and not live but it sounded like U2 was playing it. This doesn't make any sense. Why would U2 when showing off new material have a song by another artist if they weren't doing a collaboration? Why would U2 take the time to record the song if they had no involvement? :scratch:

How can you deduce it was U2 playing from any of these muffled clips? Bono's vocal is the only thing really discernable to say there was even any U2 involvement with any of the clips.

See redkat's post on this thread, that about sums it up and I believe that is exactly right.

Blue Room said:

How can you deduce it was U2 playing from any of these muffled clips? Bono's vocal is the only thing really discernable to say there was even any U2 involvement with any of the clips.

The drums are different and are very similiar to Larry Mullen's style. The style as a whole is conducive to the way U2 plays. I could go in depth on this if you want. I'm not the only one who has said this either.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I don't know the full scoop, but it was basically one person claiming they were really The Edge and fooling alot of people a few years back.

Fake Edge is still on my buddy list. Not kidding. :sad:

fakeedge.gif

I remember feeling so cool that I had The Edge on my buddy list. :sigh:

Screwtape2 said:

The drums are different and are very similiar to Larry Mullen's style. The style as a whole is conducive to the way U2 plays. I could go in depth on this if you want. I'm not the only one who has said this either.

"similiar" Again, no way to say it is for sure. Bonos vocal is the only thing that says U2 at all with any type of certainty. I'm not saying that none of the clips are U2, a couple may very well be. But it is very difficult to pick out anything as detailed as what you are implying based on some EXTREMELY poor quality audio clips.

I'm not going to argue about it though. If you want to believe your theory thats great, go for it.

GibsonGirl said:

Fake Edge is still on my buddy list. Not kidding. :sad:

fakeedge.gif

I remember feeling so cool that I had The Edge on my buddy list. :sigh:

I'm sad I missed The Fake Edge Era.

Maybe I'll be around for The Fake Gavin Friday's Cat Era

one can dream :(

Screwtape2 said:

The song that appeared on the beach clip was not the same version of In Transit as was heard before and sounded like U2 was possibly playing it on the recording. Perhaps *you* have not read the thread in Albums Have No Name?

A little edgy, are we?

The part where the person who was there said NONE of the beach clips were live, all were pre-recorded and played on stereo. Go back and check. Late pages of the 18 Min Clips Continued.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I killed an entire day reading the ensuing argument on Inside Broadcast. Classic stuff.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Don't be sad! It was heartbreaking for those of us who believed it. When I found out that Fake Edge was, well, fake, I think I felt like xavi did when he found out 409 was a Strokes song. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

Don't be sad! It was heartbreaking for those of us who believed it. When I found out that Fake Edge was, well, fake, I think I felt like xavi did when he found out 409 was a Strokes song. :wink:

:( :(

xaviMF22 said:

409 bitches!1!!1 will live on

like after Chuck Norris dies after fighting 4 grizzly bears to save an African in Canada, and his beard detaches from The Norris, to survive and open a small paper business in Hoboken, New Jersey.

LemonMacPhisto said:

409 bitches!1!!1 will live on

like after Chuck Norris dies after fighting 4 grizzly bears to save an African in Canada, and his beard detaches from The Norris, to survive and open a small paper business in Hoboken, New Jersey.

fuck Chuck Norris, Stephen Colbert will kick Chuck's ass and then kill 40 grizzly bears, whose blood he will use as a replacement for milk on his Cocoa Puffs. And then Hoboken will be given to Canada.

xavi, where did you find that thing :lmao: brilliant

mm yeah I remember Fake Edge, and being all excited to my friends "DUDE THE EDGE POSTS ON INTERFERENCE" Luckily, they didn't care in the first place, so I was saved the embarassment of having to go "j/k guyz lolz"

409 bitches, that's right. 409 keeps yo' windows clean.

phillyfan26 said:

A little edgy, are we?

The part where the person who was there said NONE of the beach clips were live, all were pre-recorded and played on stereo. Go back and check. Late pages of the 18 Min Clips Continued.

"The song that appeared on the beach clip was not the same version of In Transit as was heard before and sounded like U2 was possibly PLAYING IT ON THE RECORDING."
What part of this sentence from my post ^ did you not understand? Apparently it was the highlighted part. If I meant beach clip I would have said beach clip not recording. Please don't get pissy and post something like what you did if you don't understand or read someone else's post. By the way, I *have* been keeping up with the 18 min clips thread. Again, perhaps it is *you* that should go back and check.

Perhaps you all need to chill for a few minutes. And why the hell are we still talking about this song!? It's a solo song by The Strokes guitarist. the Strokes guys were visiting U2. U2 played some of their new stuff for them, and the Strokes guys played this for them. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom