Reg used the Gibson Explorer on Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerc

The Fly
Cool!

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

kerc...I've been trying to find a reissue...do you know if I can get one off the web anywhere????

Wished I'd seen it kerc. One day maybe.
I was in the chat room yesterday, asking about a green guitar that Bono has. looking again at the pic it may be grren light on a black guitar after all that. My son commented on the nice array of guitars the Corrs use in the film clip they are showing on OzTV at the moment.Which one of those green smilies best portrays envy?None really..choices choices...I know lol

Manda has one! She posted about it over in Treasure!

VK33603.jpg

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

he also used it during stuck, which he doesn't normally do

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by cass:

I was in the chat room yesterday, asking about a green guitar that Bono has. looking again at the pic it may be grren light on a black guitar after all that.

That green guitar is an old gretsch...maybe i can find a pic for ya...

Goalissoul.jpg

i've seen better but you get the idea...

uG23105.jpg

that's a much better shot
------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 10-30-2001).]

Bono uses that gretsch and a gibson es 175 also known as the " I feel good" guitar, that is the black guitar..teh gretsch is as green as bono's money..

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 10-30-2001).]

it doesn't appear to have it in the picture but as of 10/12, the montreal show, 'the GOAL is SOUL' was etched into the gold part of the green guitar(beneath the strings)-can you tell i don't know the guitar?

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by kobayashi:
it doesn't appear to have it in the picture but as of 10/12, the montreal show, 'the GOAL is SOUL' was etched into the gold part of the green guitar(beneath the strings)-can you tell i don't know the guitar?

You're right. The green Gretsch in the pic above looks to be his old one that is real beat up. That's why it doesn't have the etching on it. He has a new one with The Goal is Soul on the pickguard and it's quite a beauty. Below is a better shot of it...although its sideways.

bono_new_gretch.jpg

[This message has been edited by Zoomeranger (edited 10-30-2001).]

Which acoustic? do you have a pic? are you talkign abotu the red one he uses for kite?

Bonoguitar.jpg

517668.jpg

They're a little different...as bono's has the "winged" pick guards...but i'm positive he's playing a gibson and it looks like some form of the hummingbird...

------------------
The numeral 7

Ahh the kite guitar...does anyone else know what he uses that guitar for?

BTW, the Green Gretsch is a White Falcon, painted green, I believe.

I love that guitar. I wish I cuold buy one of the reissues, but that would set me back a cool $1000... Dammit.

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

Thanks for the answers guitar/musiclovers.
PS: had to come back. Just showed son who hankers for Explorer that address. I asked did he wanna look? He said" I know that site, it's bloody cheap and in America" lol Good news for you maybe Arun
smile.gif
I think it's more important he get his own acoustic first.(he already has 2 serviceable electrics and he keeps putting my acoustic in open-tuning. he needs his own!!)Wow I'm off to a music festival today. I love nice guitars
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 10-31-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom