Rediscovering a U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopTart Pamela

Acrobat
Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
Has anyone rediscovered a song from the new Best Of. For me I just get enough of Discotheque and UTTEOTW - also Im really starting to appreciate Electrical Storm.
This "rediscovering" thing happens often for me even without a Best Of, but I have never really understood why or how it happens.

Any ideas

Pamela

pop. i listened to it the other day at work, and it felt like i was listening to it for the first time again. it brought back so many wonderful memories, i really felt like it was the summer of 1997 all over again. :D

From the Best Of I've rediscovered "The First Time".

It happens me a lot though (going through fads with songs) - right now I'm big into "Exit" (R&H DVD), "Bad" and "ISHFWILF".

"Still Haven't..." was one of the first songs that got me hooked on U2 so it's a re-discovery for me on that especially.

PopTart said:
Has anyone rediscovered a song from the new Best Of.

Even Better Than The Real Thing, the normal, AB version :yes: I never really cared for it much, but it's beginning to grow on me, maybe b/c it's the first song and I'm usually too lazy to skip it :shrug:

I have my standard favorites that are always with me but I go thru phases of rediscovery. Right now it's Electrical Storm and have been again loving Where The Streets Have No Name. I'll do that with an entire CD as well. A few weeks ago it was Pop...was listening to that everyday in the car.

I've rediscovered "Unforgettable Fire", both the song and the album. It was always at the bottom of the heap for me as far as U2 albums went; I didn't like anything on it except "Pride" and "Bad". Now I love it from start to finish, even the songs that I previously thought wanky and meandering.

I've rediscovered "Dirty Day" thanks to Best Of, right now I'm into it like crazy.

for me, it often happens when i hear a song on the radio that i haven't heard for a while... and it stirs you just like the first time... i think it has to do with being caught off guard. it's wonderful.

I never particulary cared for 'Stay (Faraway, So Close)' :ohmy:

In fact I can't tell you how many times I had to skip that song or walk out of the room when it played. But because the best of album and of a 'situation' that's going on with a friend of mine's life... I finally began to appreciate the words of the song. My friend also loved the song because it had to do with alot of the drama in her life.

Miss Sarajevo..I imagine it just felt a little lost amongst the other songs written for Passengers and likewise the Best Of proved to me that as an isolated track it can stand on its own..it has grown on me significantly since.

..I think First Time has grown on me substantially as well and like Miss Sarajevo worked very well and held its own as an isolated song alongside the Best Of choices..on paper The First Time should have grabbed me much sooner but I guess I let it pass by a little too often..

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Even Better Than The Real Thing, the normal, AB version :yes: I never really cared for it much, but it's beginning to grow on me, maybe b/c it's the first song and I'm usually too lazy to skip it :shrug:
nuh uh, that's zoo station. :wink: :tongue:

Salome. In a way it was a discovery as it was my first chance to listen to it other than in the ghastly mp3 format. I love that song - the version is great - I can't just play it enough!

Shake it, shake it, shake it :dance::dance::dance:

KhanadaRhodes said:
pop. i listened to it the other day at work, and it felt like i was listening to it for the first time again. it

me, too! (only it was in my car, not at work)

actually, since i got my new car last year with a kickass stereo system, i've been rediscovering a lot of things. i plan to rediscover Boy next.

Glory, yes...

I think I've in love with all the 90s. I'm obsessed with this cd, honestly. Although, I will say, I've been listening to One, SATS, and Miss Sarajevo a lot more lately.

And Dirty Day, LWTSH, Your Blue ROom, and North and South of the River even....

*sigh*
U2

I rediscovered the ground beneath her feet after watching the video on the best of DVD, now I can't stop listening to it!! One of my favorite songs!

....pation!! One
day.....in July:yes:
I put the War album on last week, and Drowning Man made itself felt to me in a way it never has before...it WAS like hearing it for the first time. I love U2...and that drummer, he's the best...imho.

happy holiday pamela...blessed rain, not enough, but it helped...a lot.

hang on...what the..?
what has happened to the optional "post subject" line..out of order?
Just in case you are interested:eyebrow: the beginning of that sentence is "I don't own the Best of ..CD yet, or hear dBono sing with the Corrs....antici...."
woopsie:wink:
I had me a teeny:sad: in Niamh's thread...now I'm:lmao: . Thanks

Back
Top Bottom