rediscovered If God Will SEnd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
so i never really was crazy about the song that much. i mean, i thought it was a good song, but not one that i needed to listen to very much. today i broke it out and listened to it a couple times (album version combined with single version) and have rediscovered it. the single version ends absolutly beautifully. i think i do perfer that version.

can anyone detail exactly what all the differences between the 2 are?

PS: and does anyone else love that ending (bono's vocal)

Fantastic tune off a fantastic album from a fantastic time in the fantastic history of the fantastic band U2.

You have both the album and single versions? :eyebrow: And there's a significant difference at the end?

If you're willing to share the single version, I'd greatly appreciate it. :wink:

I never cared much about this song until I watched the video with the director's commentary on the Best Of DVD, don't know why, it just made me start to appreciate the song more. :shrug: I absolutely love it now, especially love the video. Haven't listened to the single version in ages though, going to put it on now. :drool:

The single version is just shorter, with parts of the album tune switched around in order, and the part in the middle of the album version where it peaks becomes the ending, and the last 20-30 seconds are different

inmyplace13 said:
Fantastic tune off a fantastic album from a fantastic time in the fantastic history of the fantastic band U2.

:lol: a-fuckin'-men

I love If God Will Send His Angels, the single version is nice but imo the album version is better. Beautiful song, it's a shame that it [apparently] never lifted off live.

AtomicBono said:

:lol: a-fuckin'-men

I love If God Will Send His Angels, the single version is nice but imo the album version is better. Beautiful song, it's a shame that it [apparently] never lifted off live.

What's even more of a shame is that Do You Feel Loved never took off live. I am certain it could have been incredible live.

Such a great song!!!

God has got his phone off the hook, babe
Would he even pick up if he could

So where is the hope and where is the faith
And the love...what's that you say to me
Does love...light up your Christmas tree
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
And the cartoon network turns into the news

:heart:

This song and the rest of Pop is proof that Bono excelled in writing about social commentary and politics! The only songs from present U2 that compare IMO are Crumbs and Miracle Drug. Everything else these days seem to be meanderings about love like City or All Because. :shrug:

The end of the single version where Bono goes into the falsetto leaves me :drool:

And I don't have to know how / So where do we go
And I don't need to know why
And I don't want to promise / So where do we go
'Cause I don't want to lie
Just when I need to / So where do we go
Tonight...
Now...

*Cue awesome drum hits by Mr. Larry Mullen Jr.*

(Soulless, soul down by your door)
(Come take my hand- )

<----bought the City of Angels soundtrack and fell in love with this song. I've been listening to it forever and am embarrased to admit I didn't know it was on Pop. Just like I thought HMTMKMKM was written just for Batman :reject:

namkcuR said:

What's even more of a shame is that Do You Feel Loved never took off live. I am certain it could have been incredible live.

I'm listening to Do You Feel Loved live right now and it's actually pretty damn good, though I agree it could be better somehow...if they had played it more I think it would have improved, maybe if they had added something more to the end...

all the ingredients are there, the guitar is :drool: the drums are :drool: and the bass is :drool: x infinity

plus Bono's voice is stronger than on the album.

it just needs more enthusiasm, a better finish maybe

Back
Top Bottom