RED (WIRE) - Video clip of a new Christmas U2 song (11/30/08)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty damn good. And Edge's guitar sound! :drool:

I'll see what I can do on the mp3/avi part.

You're really gonna illegally make an mp3 out of a video for charity? Isn't the point of this for people to sign up to get this material?

Had to do this very quickly... boarding a flight as we speak:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Pretty laid back, subdued song. Nice, but nothing incredible. Bono sounds good, Edge sounds good, Bono is wearing makeup.

merry christmas!

You're really gonna illegally make an mp3 out of a video for charity? Isn't the point of this for people to sign up to get this material?

well, i'm paying my 5 bucks for RED, but if all they have is a video, i don't think i'm doing a horrible thing by putting an mp3 on my ipod. :shrug:

Had to do this very quickly... boarding a flight as we speak:

That's an MP3 of it, by the way. Remove the spaces in the URL. I haven't had a chance to listen to the file, so hopefully it's okay!

Last edited by a moderator:

The video is freely available on the internet (I downloaded it using Real Player) and the file is unprotected. Is it illegal to rip the audio from a freely-available, DRM-free source?

I'm still going to pay for RED(WIRE) and hopefully get this in higher quality.

Not a fan of the song but at least Bono's vocals sound in good form.

cooooooooool :up:

Not what I expected, but pretty good nonetheless.

7.5/10 for me :)

Bono's talking/singing voice in the first half of the song sounds good, which is something that has sounded very weak on the last 2 records...this bodes well for the upcoming album :up:

The sound quality of the MP3 is subpar and it's ripped from the freely available Flash video. I wouldn't rip something of higher quality or not free. I just wanted people that couldn't view the video to be able to hear it.

gorman, thanks a lot for uploading!

Isn't it possible to just enjoy the new U2 song without rating it like it was a competition?

It's a cover, it's for charity, it's not from their new album. I think we shouldn't over analzye it.

It's better than I expected from the clip.

Bono with eyeliner :D

icon_eek.gif

Downloading is not illegal.

And I didn't know you could actually get your hands on the material. I thought the signing up was just for the magazine thingy.

Anyway, I'm converting the video as we speak.

Really nice, during first seconds I thought I'm listening to WTSHNN. Good they didn't choose song with cheesy lyrics.

Can't wait for Cat Power:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom