Red Rocks DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Final Straw

The Fly
Sorry if it's been talked about to death already but is there any news on this coming out on dvd in the near future considering they've finally gotten around to releasing zoo?

Nope. There was a rumor a while back of a box set that would include Red Rocks, but that was just a rumor & hasn't panned out. No official word.

How I wish they released the full Red Rocks concert on DVD at last :sad:

I started a topic some weeks ago because I'd really love to have this full concert at last.

Damn, the versions of the missing songs were just great :heart:
Also, I'd love to see in there several extras like MTV Fast Foward documentary filmed in 1983, the legendary Loreley concert 1983, promo clips and TV performances, etc

How long must we sing this song? :sad:

I don't know think they'll release RR on DVD anytime soon (if at all) since Popmart's in the works (as reported by Adam). I'll take Popmart over RR any day :drool:, but both are awesome!

INDY500 said:
It's tied up in litigation over who owns the rights.:sad:

Yup:

"A vicious legal battle has started over tapes containing footage of one of U2's best concerts.

The Irish band's 1983 Under a Blood Red Sky performance in Denver, Colorado - regarded as one of the group's most accomplished gigs - was shot by Hollywood filmmaker Rick Wurpel.

The gig provided U2 with a best-selling album and saw the value of the tapes soar to millions of dollars.

However, the footage vanished five years ago and has been found in the archives of Denver City Council, which claims it bought the tapes from an employee of Wurpel's for only $3,000.

Denver City Council insists it will only return the reels once Wurpel's rightful ownership has been established."

http://cbs2chicago.com/entertainmentbriefs/20060425/resources_entertainment_html

Seems like the Denver City Council is just playing games. If they're waiting for Wurpel's "rightful ownership" to be established...and they own the tapes....I don't see why they don't just give them to him. I don't quite see the issue.

Why wouldn't that be considered illegal, like receiving stolen goods, or somenthing. This so called employee sold something they didn't have rights too. :eyebrow:
How can the Denver City Council even consider it their's, under those circumstances?? This makes no sense. :shrug:

it's all about the almighty buck. the city council isn't stupid. They know how much the tapes are worth.

Harry Vest said:

Oh c'mon - U2 are Zillionares...oops, multi-millionaires. They could release Red Rocks in a heartbeat. Why they haven't is THE question.

Because they don't own the tapes. If the city council really wants "millions of dollars," as the article implies........meh. Personally, I don't think they're worth millions. And even if the band are "zillionaires," they're smart enough to know that paying millions just to turn it into a dvd is pretty stupid.

Back
Top Bottom