recent ban.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
A well known member of the forum has been removed for slander, as well as other reasons.

If you wish to take this up with me personally, please email:

elvis-comments@olive.interference.com

I will not answer any questions on this publicly. I'm sorry this had to end this way, but this individual left me no other choice.

Joel

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/
elvis@interference.com

Well it's hard to comment without knowing who or why, so I'll just eat some toast.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Well it's hard to comment without knowing who or why, so I'll just eat some toast.

With butter or jelly? White, wheat, rye? Come on, we need details!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

I'm thinking of two possible names.
eek.gif

We might never know who it is.
confused.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
I know who it is, and I want to see elvis justify this.

well then i suggest you email him as he has invited you to. i did.

I's just wondering... Are you still replying to those emails that you said you would.. Like the Praises/critiques/Invitations to Go Dancing Email address you gave out a bit ago?...

I'm really in need of a 'The Hustle' partner for Next week's Dance Off... Hahahhaa.. Just Kidding.

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by Lemonite:
I's just wondering... Are you still replying to those emails that you said you would.. Like the Praises/critiques/Invitations to Go Dancing Email address you gave out a bit ago?...

I'm really in need of a 'The Hustle' partner for Next week's Dance Off... Hahahhaa.. Just Kidding.

L.Unplugged

Yes, I am.

Slander is a very serious accusation, and I can't imagine the person involved ever deliberately "slandering" someone. I'm in complete shock and bewilderment.

I just hope whatever this slander entailed was genuine malicious slander and not the type of thing that goes on in every second post of every second thread here - that is often meant to be light hearted, but can be taken in other ways.

Take this as a warning everyone: be very careful what you say.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
Slander is a very serious accusation, and I can't imagine the person involved ever deliberately "slandering" someone. I'm in complete shock and bewilderment.

I just hope whatever this slander entailed was genuine malicious slander and not the type of thing that goes on in every second post of every second thread here - that is often meant to be light hearted, but can be taken in other ways.

Take this as a warning everyone: be very careful what you say.

DO NOT warn people and make them fear something they need not.

This was not something typical to the board and went on for quite some time.

And you're right, it is serious.

Originally posted by Elvis:
DO NOT warn people and make them fear something they need not.

People SHOULD be warned that you just can't say anything you like here. And i don't mean that in a subjective way over this incident (as i do not know what led to this action) or indeed in a negative way - it is just a fact that need be considered before people write what is on their mind in the heat of an arguement.

Hopefully this threat will help clean up some of the poor behavior in FYM.

?

If this thread is not meant to warn people, then what is it's purpose?

?

Other than, we can have a series of people post about who they know it is, and they know the real story, and if you want, we can all email each about, instead of just posting it here and getting it over with.

in?ter?fer?ence

The act or an instance of hindering, obstructing, or impeding.

[This message has been edited by MadelynIris (edited 03-23-2002).]

Originally posted by MadelynIris:
?

If this thread is not meant to warn people, then what is it's purpose?

?

I guess courtesy, since people have complained in the past when I havent announced it. And although this person has shown me absolutely no respect, I am showing atleast the respect to say he was banned instead of completely ignoring the topic.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
People SHOULD be warned that you just can't say anything you like here. And i don't mean that in a subjective way over this incident (as i do not know what led to this action) or indeed in a negative way - it is just a fact that need be considered before people write what is on their mind in the heat of an arguement.

Hopefully this threat will help clean up some of the poor behavior in FYM.

(in my best southern california surfer boy voice) Duuuuuuuuude...

What did i just get through saying?

No one else here that I know of is in a similar position... this has been ongoing for MONTHS.

Besides... some people say that I give very fair warning, that I give some people to many chances, I dont enjoy removing people from the board.

STOP trying to use a scare tactic on people.

Ignorance => Fear => Hate => Violence

Sheeh. I don't check the board for a week, and look what happens....I have no idea who it is...

Curiosity killed the cat...this will bother me for some time until I deduce who it is.

Since you're adamant that this isn't a warning, and since you refuse to name the newly banned (therefore making this post the courtesy post you have designated it), this announcement comes across as nothing more than a flexing of your administrative muscle.

Originally posted by Elvis:
STOP trying to use a scare tactic on people.

I happen to agree with Zoomerang II on this, since I have never seen or heard this person (and if you are going to announce it why not say who it is?) say anything negative against you, and certainly have seen other people be much more outspoken. So I don't understand this at all, and it does give me pause that I might be discriminated against based on who I choose to talk to outside of this forum.

I don't think this is a scare tactic at all. Just my 2 cents.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Just my penny;

I try to have a policy of "don't bite the hand that feeds" whereas I try to respect Elvis and his rules because of what he has/and is put into this place.

If I get out of line (and I have before) it is nice for there to be a fair warning from Elvis or a mod in some manner as opposed to waking up and finding out you can no longer post.

I like it here and don't want to lose my priviledges, nor do I want to see anyone else for that matter be forced out.

Fair warning, common sense, and compliance with both should keep us all happy and posting. Yet so often (FYM) we get caught up in the moment, or emotion of a debate and post things that are too far out there, damage done.

Ironically some of the best advice on this subject came from a handle that did not use it, which is why the HORROR is no longer with us. Yes, I am talking in the FIRST person here.

Oh and the advice: "Focus on the issue, not the person"

This is applicable to almost any situation, yet much easier said than done
smile.gif

Peace
cool.gif

------------------
Throw me to the wolves because there's order in the pack..

Throw me to the SKY because I know I'm coming back?
~RHCP~

Hmmm, I'm still here...Whew!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom