Rattle And Hum vs Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is better?

• Rattle And Hum

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • Bomb

Votes: 87 66.9%

• Total voters

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
We're getting close to the end. Not that many more after this.

Um...let's just compare the studio portions of R&H, to avoid confusion:

Van Dieman's Land
Desire
Hawkmoon 269
Angel Of Harlem
Love Rescue Me
When Love Comes To Town
Heartland
God Part II
All I Want Is You

That's what we're comparing to Bomb.

Hopefully this one won't be so much of a landslide either way.

Rattle and Hum has its moments, especially Desire which is one of U2's best songs, but its not as good overall as Bomb. Got to go with the bomb.

R&H baby :rockon:

u2_emoticons_1.gif

Bomb.

If Angel of Harlem, Hawkmoon, God PtII, Heartland and AIWIY are among my 25 favourite songs...

Desire and Love Rescue Me are among my least favourites...
VDL and WLCT are hit and miss...

HTDAAB again.

The highs of Rattle And Hum (Desire, Angel Of Harlem, Heartland, God Part II, All I Want Is You) are slightly better than HTDAAB's, but R&H as a whole album (even only judging it on the studio tracks) is far too hit and miss for my liking.

I prefer the full band inclusion of Bomb's cover art over just Bono and Edge on R&H. Just based on democracy, Bomb wins.

namkcuR said:

Van Dieman's Land
Desire
Hawkmoon 269
Angel Of Harlem
Love Rescue Me
When Love Comes To Town
Heartland
God Part II
All I Want Is You

Even if you don't include the chilling Silver and Gold :drool: in there, I would still take these songs over the entire Bomb!

Bomb.

R&H never really did it for me. Some good songs, and not my LEAST favorite U2 album (ATYCLB), but not my favorite either. Desire and AIWIY are both amazing, though.

Given that Bomb was released more than a year ago and the fact there is so much hatred (i.e. the vocal minority) towards it on this site, I think it's done amazingly well. So far it's quite rightly beaten:

Boy,
War,
Zooropa.

It seems that it's also on it's way to beating R&H. Not bad for a band in it's 40's. :up: :up:

No doubt the vocal minority will offer up a patronising explanation for it's success...

Last edited:
I never can listen to R&H because of the live tracks :| that just screw up the momentum for me. I'd listen straight through the Bomb over R&H any day, but...

Desire
Hawkmoon
Love Rescue Me
Heartland
All I Want Is You

are for me better than anything on the Bomb. :drool: I never understood the Love Rescue Me hatred, it's one of my favorites... :sad: Absolutely brilliant lyrics, and not typical U2-sound.

Rattle and Hum may err, but at least it's not completely personality-less.

Last edited:
roy said:
No doubt the vocal minority will offer up a patronising explanation for it's success...

What? You haven't heard? In a few years, we're all going to start hating Bomb and no one will listen to it anymore.

Get with the times, man. Jeez. :rolleyes:

:wink:

roy said:
Given that Bomb was released more than a year ago and the fact there is so much hatred (i.e. the vocal minority) towards it on this site, I think it's done amazingly well. So far it's quite rightly beaten:

Boy,
War,
Zooropa.

It seems that it's also on it's way to beating R&H. Not bad for a band in it's 40's. :up: :up:

Exactly

roy said:

Boy,
War,
Zooropa.

I really am surprised it beat Boy and War. Zooropa wasn't as much of a surprise.

Look, we're all entitled to our opinions. Mine happens to be that a good portion of Bomb is bland, U2-by-the-numbers, and at times, rather plastic-feeling. But you and others love it, and that's fine. I'll never agree with it, but that's fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom