Rattle and Hum The Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just watched the movie again last night for the first time in a year or so and I just wanted to point out the many points of brilliance throughout the film, highlighted by the performance of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and the "Fuck the revolution" speach....that right there is the pure emotion that describes what I think most of us got into U2 for in the first place.

What is your favourite part from the movie?

I love when Edge randomly slides down that hill when they're at Graceland:wink:

I love during the end of Pride when the camera faces the audience and all the lights are on. You can see everyone's excitement, and everyone is singing the words. Adam looks at the camera, smiles and cocks his head. I love that! It gives me chills to see the loyalty of the fans.

I'm fond of this part:
rum.gif

I also love when Bono is charming that woman down at Graceland. That is pure Bono right there.

The "Fuck the revolution" speech is as goosebump enducing. I really enjoy that movie, not matter what some say of it.

Streets. :drool: The helicopter shot around the stadium when the lights come on. You can see the little people who got the crap seats way at the top dancing and going nuts. I knew right then that U2 are the most incredible band in the world, and thus started my obsession!

LemonMacPhisto said:
me too !
and that moment when Larry is sitting at the table talking about Elvis and then can't go on. Not an Elvis fan myself, but a lovely moment.

and Larry's "Musical Journey" moment

and the graffiti moment...and...oh.... all of it....I guess :)

"the Fuck the revolution" speach....that right there is the pure emotion that describes what I think most of us got into U2 for in the first place.

Yep...I still get that feeling whenever Bono yells "I'M SO SICK OF IT!" in Sunday Bloody Sunday.

RademR said:
One word...EXIT!!!
every performance is great though

exit is probably my favourite part also, but there are a lot like:
- the opening with helter skelter
- the "ok edge, play the blues" part from silver and gold
- in god's country
- sunday bloody sunday for sure
- the performance of with or without you

- Larry making fun of Adam's hand gestures
- Bono at Graceland
- In God's Country
- Exit
- Streets

I just saw it the other day for the first time.
My favorite part is also the 'fuck the revolution' speach, reminds me so much of my country :huh: and that part in the church in Harlem with "I still haven't found"

I haven't seen R&H in a looooong time - don't even know if the VHS (VHS? WTF is that?) still works anymore...Anyway, there are so many highlights to choose from...

I like Bono saying "Where's BeeBee?" -referring to BB King. It just sounds funny with the Irish accent.

Rock and Roll stops the traffic - I love that whole scene -epecially when Bono and Edge are rehearsing All Along the Watchtower in the van just prior to the show - talk about winging it !!

i like them stopping to watch the street performers in Harlem.

Watching that was my first "red screen" exposure for a Streets opening and it is just so epic to me. Watching the silhouettes of the guys coming out and Larry softly keeping a beat on the symbols then Edge's chiming........love it. Doesn't every real U2 fan get such an exhultant feeling deep down whenever that red background is revealed and the opening to Streets starts?

RademR said:
One word...EXIT!!!
every performance is great though

Exit is fucking amazing, but the live perfomance of BAD has to be the best. Watch it on Rattle & Hum then watch it on Elevation: Boston and you realise the difference in Bonos voice is unreal. The way he shouts the WIIIIDDDEEEEAWWWWAAYYYKKKEE is nothing short of mind blowing.

watsons said:
Watching that was my first "red screen" exposure for a Streets opening and it is just so epic to me. Watching the silhouettes of the guys coming out and Larry softly keeping a beat on the symbols then Edge's chiming........love it. Doesn't every real U2 fan get such an exhultant feeling deep down whenever that red background is revealed and the opening to Streets starts?

Oh Yeah! One of the best parts!!! I especially love the film version of With or Without You, where he sings, "Yeeeeeaaah, we'll shine like stars on a summer night, we'll shine like stars on a winter night, one heart, one hope, one love, With or Without You..." I Loooooove :bono: singing With or Without You!!!!

I also love the part where he hugs the tour guide@ Graceland, Tracey Sheppard (my last name!) and she giggles and he does the eyebrow lift thing... I get all giddy inside, imagining what that was like with his arm around her....:drool:

I also love Bad; :bono: really manages to evoke strong emotions in me when he sings. :sad:

LemonMacPhisto said:

yes!! :heart:

So many other favorite moments, this movie gets so much flack but I just love it. :happy:

Other favorite parts:
-the whole time at Graceland, especially when Larry gets teary-eyed talking about visiting Elvis's grave. :sigh:
-Van Diemen's land and a non-acoustic performance of Desire
-that Streets opening
-the "can you turn please" lady back in the dressing room
-the way they're all rocking out at the beginning of Silver and Gold

Oh hell I love almost every scene. :wink:

NamelessStreets said:

Exit is fucking amazing, but the live perfomance of BAD has to be the best. Watch it on Rattle & Hum then watch it on Elevation: Boston and you realise the difference in Bonos voice is unreal. The way he shouts the WIIIIDDDEEEEAWWWWAAYYYKKKEE is nothing short of mind blowing.

amazing version, probably my favorite of "Bad." I love when Bono does the Stones' "sympathy for the devil" part with Larry's drums.

Pride, when Bono falls down perfectly with the ending drum and guitar, and then Adam goes over to try and help him up, and then it goes into AIWIY walking off- the whole movie is sweet

Ive had enough of Irish Americans who havent been back to their country in 20 or 30 years come up to me and talk about the revolution the resistance back home!

I think I will go watch that part again right now!

My favorite part is when I can see myself in the audience jumping up and down in the most hideous striped shirt -- I can't believe I owned such a thing. But it was the 80s...

No, really -- my favorite part is Larry at Graceland, and when Bono asks the lady if Larry can sit on Elvis' Harley. And I also love the part when they're rehearsing "Love Comes to Town" with BB King, and BB makes a comment like, "I'm not sure what to do right there so I've just been playing that," and Bono goes, "You can do whatever you want!" with this look on his face like, We're playing with BB King!!!

It's funny that you started this thread, because I've been watching Rattle and Hum a lot lately for some reason.

pookersmom said:
My favorite part is when I can see myself in the audience jumping up and down in the most hideous striped shirt -- I can't believe I owned such a thing. But it was the 80s...

. And I also love the part when they're rehearsing "Love Comes to Town" with BB King, and BB makes a comment like, "I'm not sure what to do right there so I've just been playing that," and Bono goes, "You can do whatever you want!" with this look on his face like, We're playing with BB King!!!

It's funny that you started this thread, because I've been watching Rattle and Hum a lot lately for some reason.

Ive always wondered at the bbking part, does Bono say to BBKING-"its not a joke" it seemed like he was psst off at BB King and telling him to get serious and not take it lightly. Please someone explain

Back
Top Bottom