Rattle and Hum - the full length motion picture on videocassette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
Oh yes, that was the catchy title.

I hadn't watched it for years, but last night decided to, and was left a bit perplexed..

It claims to feature 9 songs that weren't included on the album, including GLORIA, between EXIT and SHFWILF

Am I being daft or is it not on there?

A snippet in Exit perhaps, but if so i can't hear it, and why would they claim that as an extra track!?

A snippet from Van Morrison's Gloria is what i've always assumed they meant. Tho seeing as U2 have a song called Gloria too, it is a little misleading.
Not that it would stop me from buying it of course!:wink:

The advertising is a bit sneaky. It really should read: Exit / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet).

What makes me laugh is that they make this big thing of how the video has extra songs on it, but then they take off songs that WERE on the album, ie God Part II

Well, God Part II hadn't been played live at that point. It debuted live on 21 September 1989, about ten months AFTER the RAH movie was released in November 1988.

That I didn't know.

Though they could have put a studio rehearsal performance on I suppose

Last edited:
Axver said:
Well, God Part II hadn't been played live at that point. It debuted live on 21 September 1989, about ten months AFTER the RAH movie was released in November 1988.

Jeez Axver you really know some stuff! Good work

I think we should have a new forum called "test Axver!"

There should also be a warning on the cover that Bono really minces around the whole time throughout the video.

Am I wrong or does Bono actually look pretty fat during the Black and White concert footage?

The bloated Bono.:eyebrow: :wink: :huh: :ohmy:

u2granny said:

Those lovely old man pants Lola picked out.

he just needed to get rid of those awful suspenders:barf: They made his trousers look like they where pulled up to high:yuck:

Last edited:
matt76 said:

Jeez Axver you really know some stuff! Good work

I think we should have a new forum called "test Axver!"

:lol:

I just spend too much time on setlist sites and have an uncanny knack for remembering things.

For the record, all of the new RAH songs weren't performed live in 1987 when the film was made, except for When Love Comes To Town. They could've done a studio performance of maybe one other RAH song for the video like with Desire and Angel Of Harlem, though.

LemonMacPhisto said:
If I had a head like your's I'd bleeding bury it...:wink:

Hey I got a question for anyone who knows the answer!!!:confused: Who was Larry talking to when he said that?
My guess is Adam or Edge, but I am not sure???:huh:

Back
Top Bottom