Rattle and Hum on HD DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kennerado said:
R&H was not shot in HD so I don't understand how the quality can be better than the regular DVD out now.
R&H wasn't shot digitally, it was shot on film. DVD resolution isn't the maximum quality you can get out of film, so HD DVD will be an improvement.

For ontopic's sake, some news about this release:

Rattle & Hum [HD DVD] can already be pre-ordered from Amazon.

And don't worry if you don't have a HD DVD player, you can pre-order that one too. ;)

According to their site, both will be shipped to you on March 28.

Actually, both Rattle and Hum VHS like DVD have the best audio of all other U2 video releases................
I think it would be more appropriate to improve the Popmart Mexico video

Maybe, but the improvement is probably not the reason they're releasing this one as HD DVD first. They have to promote the HD DVD format, and that's done best by releasing movies that are regarded as being very good.

R&H for example. :)

Crap. I actually think this is disappointing news----I was hoping that news of its discount in the Wal-Mart thread meant that it might be included in some box set, since they'll often discount the current version when a new release is slated. But alack! The new release is merely an HD DVD. :sad: Oh well.

Well, although I think this discount is indeed because of the HD DVD release, it could just have no reason at all. When DVD's grow 'old', the price is reduced. The Wall Mart price isn't that low in comparison to it's old price - I bought R&H half a year ago for €8,99.

david said:

They added the trailer as a bonus feature.. and that was all.

<big,boomingvoice>: "In a worrrld...."

Oh, the fun that could be had if the "in a world" trailer-voice guy did a trailer for a U2 movie! My friend actually knows that guy's daughter & had dinner at his place one time...and was brave enough to ask him to say "In a worrrld..." :wink:

I saw it on an HD channel about a year ago at my brother-in-law's house. It was fricken amazing.

jammin909 said:
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2148241/blu-ray-format-finalised

Just an interesting article about the future of DVD's but I found it sort of strange that an offbeat DVD of U2 would be produced before say Slane.

The reason for this is that Rattle And Hum was released by Paramount and it is Paramount which is going ahead and releasing some of their catalog titles on HD DVD, including their only U2 dvd title. This decision presumably does not originate from U2, but from Paramount.

david said:
Does anyone remember if there were different trailers for R&H as well as various TV spots?

I have 4 trailers on video: one for the album release, the one from the DVD, one for the Australian cinema release, and one for the Mexican cinema release (which I stumbled on when it screened on an Italian pay TV channel while I was on holidays in England back in 1990!)

Wow this article U2granny posted is interesting. It seems that these people care more about protecting their beloved content (tat eventually WILL get cracked) than allowing the costumer to actually use the product as it should be used, what a bunch of retards

Back
Top Bottom