Rattle and Hum movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I haven't seen it in a long time, but it's really good isn't it?

It has some of u2's best moments.. that performance of Bad, and to top them all off... Sunday Bloody Sunday. To me, that performance is one of the crowning moments of U2's career. Unbeatable.

Ooooh! and Larry's hand gestures.

So feel free to discuss it.

Actually, this thread has an ulterior motive though.. I have lost my mp3s of th movie and the dvd is at home (i am away at school). I wonder if someone could some how aid me in procuring mp3s of the concert, as I'm not having any luck with soulseek. If someone can help me I will be disastrously thankful!

SkeeK said:

Ooooh! and Larry's hand gestures.

:laugh:

laradmakefun_sm.gif

Really good doesn't give it enough credit. Amazingly good might come closer. I don't have a clue how to send MP3's which means I probably don't have any sorry. I'd love to know if the outtakes on Rattle and Hum are worth it?

I can't recall the exact quote but I love the conversation between Bono and BB King...serious lyrics and I don't play chords:heart:
and Larry's reverence towards Elvis Presley ( I agree about the back garden bit) and Bono trying to charm his way onto E's bike:wink:
and I agree about Bad :combust:
I haven't watched it in so long.
must remedy that

I like the part where Edge tells Larry that people don't want to see his stinking feet and Larry says that if he had a head like Edge's he'd bleeding bury it. I always feel bad for Edge on that part. :( The whole When Love Comes To Town sequence is awesome!! The All Along The Watch Tower/In God’s Country performances are kick ass! Oh and them rehearsing ISHFWILF with the choir is great too!!! :up: Man I love that movie, I gotta watch it again! :yes:

Mine's been recorded from TV with a prehistoric Beta VCR, which broke down. So, I guess the last time I watched Rattle and Hum may have been the literal last time. (I'm not buying the DVD until one comes out with special features or something like that!)

I think I have a faint memory of the movie when it originally came out.. But I am not entirely sure. There used to be this drive in theatre here in So Cali that had two screens and you could always see the movies playing when you were driving over a bridge.. And I could of swore I saw the U2 movie playing and I was only 11 and was sort of intrigued by it? The thing is, I am not entirely sure if it was the right movie. Was Rattle and Hum released to drive in's or was it only released to walk in theatres?

I also could have swore there were more commercial trailers for it than the one shown on the DVD.

TheBrazilianFly said:
I like the part where Edge tells Larry that people don't want to see his stinking feet and Larry says that if he had a head like Edge's he'd bleeding bury it. I always feel bad for Edge on that part. :(

I always thought that was Bono that said that to Larry. Larry looks over in Bono's direction when he replies. :confused:

I remember when it came out. My parents wouldn't let me see it :madspit: . My sister's boyfriend worked at the theatre where it was showing and gave me the promotional badge, which I still have somewhere.
I bought it on vhs the day it came out and got the Desire single with it for free... Hallelujah Here She Comes ...:heart: That's when my U2 singles collection started.
I've just recently bought it on dvd. I thought there would be a tad more bonus material, but, hey, at least it's on dvd.
Now if only they'd put Red Rocks on dvd...*hint, hint*

Last edited:
Rattle and Hum was a great movie. But if I had to choose between between two of U2's 'eras', I easily would have preferred a Rattle and Hum style documentary about their Zoo TV era. I think that would have been AMAZING. Maybe I'm biased though. It was my favorite era of U2 music, and 'At the End of the World' is a ridiculously awesome biography about U2 during that exact time.

I love Rattle & Hum! Filled with great music and plenty of humorous moments! Personally, I love it when The Edge slides down that hill on his arse. How often do you get to see something like that? :wink:

...and to top them all off... Sunday Bloody Sunday. To me, that performance is one of the crowning moments of U2's career. Unbeatable.

So true. It is, by far, their best performance of the song that I've ever seen.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I finally saw it on the big screen last year in Toronto. It was a hundred times better than seeing it on tv all these years.

I want to see it on the big screen.

OmGosh, I remember when it came out I went to see it 4 weekends in a row! I was so crazy. I skipped school to see it opening day. Bad me :p

I always felt like Larry got all the good bits in that movie. My friend and I still laugh at "I just wish they hadn't burried him in the backyard". I know it wasn't meant to be funny, but I can't help but laugh:lol:

Blue Room said:

I always thought that was Bono that said that to Larry. Larry looks over in Bono's direction when he replies. :confused:

No, it was Edge. :yes: They stop after they just started Angel Of Harlem, the camera turns to Larry and shows him scratching his feet ( :laugh: ) and then Edge says it. Edge doesn't seem to mind when Larry says that about his head though. :up:

When I first saw this at 17, I went alone to the theatre. I made up some excuse to my parents about meeting some friends and saw the noon showing. I remember sitting there and seeing all these empty seat. There couldn't of been more than 10 of us in a 300 seater. That was the real cool thing about it. I had a whole row to myself and I was able to let my legs cut loose when the songs played. After seeing Bad on the big screen, I was choked that this wasn't on the LP. In fact that irked me for quite a few years. Then I finally got into the cd revolution shortly before Achtung Baby. I began to search for cd versions of all the U2 LPs, 45s and cassettes (which I still own). I found a Rattle and Hum promo cd with Bad on it. One of the happiest days of my life. Better than the day I purchased my first car by a country mile.

Great Flick!:up:

I love this video, for all of the Aussies out there, my copy of this is from the very early 90s with a young Richard Wilkins showcasing it as a movie on the shortlived Australian version of MTV- its so daggy, but the film is great....fave bits...

In God's Country:drool:
The bit in Pride where the lights go up on the crowd and Bono just gives that great smile, you can almost imagine him thinking "shit yeah, this is grrrrrrrrrreat!'
Heartland

Blue Room said:

I always thought it was Bono, too - but happy to be corrected!

shari schultz said:

I want to see it on the big screen.

Saw it a couple of times one the super big "omni" screen - but only reinforces the memories of seeing the songs live on Love Town in 1988!!

looooooove rattle and hum. especially bad and with or without you.

happily, this was for some reason, showed as a midnight movie the year i graduated from high school ('93). i didn't think i'd ever get to see it on a big screen around here, but somehow, my high school delivered. even better on the big screen, at full volume. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom