RATTLE AND HUM Memphis Hill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macfesto

War Child
Hey all.

Heading to Memphis next week and want to slide down the hill that Edge did in Rattle and Hum (during heartland). Anyone know IF it still exists? Where it is?

Please let me know.

hahaa... honestly though, I believe it to be gone as well....but still, to have an approximate location would help ;)

oh yeah, the hill's still here. :) that street they show in the film is riverside drive, it's kind of a short street that takes you over the bridge to arkansas. looking at the video, i'm inclined to think they're across the street from tom lee park, which is at beale and riverside. plus, the hill that runs along the side of riverside is much steeper there. there's a bunch of condos there now, so it looks a bit different. but the hill's still there.

good luck!

It took me ages to figure out what Bono shouts to Edge as Edge slides down the hill. Finally realized it was "Thumb a lift there, Edge."

Just thought I'd share.

The first time I watched it I expected him to fall on the road and get hit by a van. So you should probably watch out for that.
:lol: it's close enough to the road, you could! though when i slid down that hill after i moved here, downtown was so dead, hardly anyone was driving on that road! ten years later, i moved downtown and drove on that road to and from work everyday :cute:

It took me ages to figure out what Bono shouts to Edge as Edge slides down the hill. Finally realized it was "Thumb a lift there, Edge."

Just thought I'd share.

Thanks. I always have trouble hearing stuff in films, especially when not explicitly said to be captured on film.

Back
Top Bottom