Rattle and Hum -- Live or Studio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I don't doubt this has been done before, but would you have preferred Rattle & Hum as studio only? Would it have been better percieved? I think a Studio only album would have been good, and maybe an Live EP to coincide with the movie. What would your studio only playlist have been? I tried this one -- which is okay, but the flow's a little off.

Desire
Trip Through Your Wires
When Love Comes to Town
Angel of Harlem
Van Dieman's Land (properly recorded)
Heartland
Silver and Gold
Hawkmoon 269
God Part II
All I Want is You

Not too sure about Silver and Gold though, aye.

I'd have preferred a studio only album with a tracklisting like this:

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. Dancing Barefoot
4. God Part II
5. When Love Comes To Town
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Heartland
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. All I Want Is You

If I'd had my way, a live album called Rattle And Hum would've been released in conjunction with the movie, and the above tracklisting released as Dawn Changes Everything closer to the Lovetown Tour.

Studio only is awesome. I've been meaning to create a Rattle And Hum Studio Only on my iPod for a while now. The live stuff is nothing to write home about. It ruins the flow of the album, but then again the album was to support the movie which is mostly live so fair game.

Axver said:
I'd have preferred a studio only album with a tracklisting like this:

1. Hawkmoon 269
2. Desire
3. Dancing Barefoot
4. God Part II
5. When Love Comes To Town
6. Angel Of Harlem
7. Van Diemen's Land
8. Heartland
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. All I Want Is You

If I'd had my way, a live album called Rattle And Hum would've been released in conjunction with the movie, and the above tracklisting released as Dawn Changes Everything closer to the Lovetown Tour.

That's a good idea, I really liked it, altough I'd have preferred the double-album thing. disk1 - studio tracks, disk2 - live tracks and other tracks

1. Van Diemen's land / 2. Hawkmoon 269 / 3. Desire / 4. God part II / 5. She's a mystery to me / 6. Heartland / 7. A room at the heartbreak hotel / 8. When love comes to town / 9. Angel of Harlem / 10. All I Want is you

1. Freedom for my people / 2. Helter skelter / 3. All along the watchtower / 3. Bad / 4. I still haven't found what I'm looking for / 5. Exit / 6. Pride (in the name of love) / 7. Silver and gold / 8. Where the streets have no name / 9. The star spangled banner / 10. Bullet the blue sky

B-sides: Love rescue me, Halellujah here she comes / Wild Irish rose / the remixes, the covers and audio "rips" of the live performances from the film

Back
Top Bottom