RATTLE & HUM DVD advertisment questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heinz

The Fly
I just saw in Rolling Stone that R & H is now out on dvd.

Is there anything different on this as compared to the vhs tape?

Is there added extras like the Boston dvd?

Anyone have it?

It's your standard issue barebones DVD which was a little disappointing, no extra footage or anything. The 5.1 sound mix is okay, and the picture transfer is decent at best compred to DVDs released today......

What cainz said, and I think the only bonus "footage" is a theatrical trailer. I am surprised they are advertising this as "new" as it has been out for awhile.

~U2Alabama

The R&H DVD has also been advertised on TV!!

I recently saw an ad on VH-1 for the DVD. Either there is a big promotional boost for this DVD (trying to capitalize on U2's current popularity) or there is a new or upcoming version of the DVD with additional footage.

So far, though, all I've seen is the barebones DVD, which is why I haven't purchased it.

Dang! I've seen those ads too!

Also saw one in Entertainment Weekly!

I'd like a beefed up R&H, but would so rather friggin Sydney!!!!!
biggrin.gif

What a SIGH of relief it was to see that was really a U2 DVD commercial! When it first came on and it said "still haven't found what you're looking for?" my brother and I gasped, we thought, oh no what could this be a commercial for? I was half expecting something like "well we've found what you need to keep your toilet fresh longest!" I was so happy it was really a U2 commercial and not their song being used for something lame! LMAO!

Originally posted by NicaMom:
the Boston dvd is the #1 seller at Tower Records...

And THEY (along with Virgin MegaStores) were the ones who were originally going to boycott it due to the Best Buy advance sale!

~U2Alabama

My only complaint about the DVD, besides the lack of extras, was that the black and white interview segments with the band... They're soo damn grainy on the DVD.

They remind me of every black and white butt rock video made in the late 80's.

I guess it was just the film they used. On my old Rattle and Hum VHS tape they weren't that grainy at all.

Oh well, that's technology for you.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Yep, and they're making good money on it, the reg. price is $32.99 but they have it on sale for $26.99.

They must really be raking it in...I got mine at Best Buy for 17.99, so the profit margin must be huge!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

The R&H DVD came out "way back in the day", in 1999 before a lot of extras were common. All that they have is a teaser trailer. You'd think they could go back and include some of those outtakes or director interviews or something and release a special edition. But first I'd prefer to see ZooTV Sydney and Popmart Mexico City, of course.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Speaking of dvds, the Boston dvd is the #1 seller at Tower Records...No, I didn't re-arrange the display.
smile.gif

LMFAO, NicaMom!!!!

I *always* rearrange U2 displays at Borders & Best Buy so that all U2 products are showing!!!! LOL!!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom