Rattle & Hum directors cut footage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

broshere

The Fly
i highly recomend this. its a 3 tape video set of the rattle and hum directors footage that wasnt in the theatrical release. The visual and audio arent mixed and masterd but the footage is outstanding.
Some of the highlights are:
bono breaking arm on stage and camera goes in to limo ride and in to the hospital room.
Tons of live performances including the whole Save the Yuppy concert.

Interviews with the band and Paul Mcquiness.
The entire Graceland tour.
6hrs total.

A must for everyone.

Also please respond to my other topic "Help with love ASAP"
thanks

"Dream out loud"

This is SOOOO 1989. Any "real" fan has had these tapes (and it can be more than 3 tapes) for YEARS.

And yes, I am being jokingly sarcastic.
biggrin.gif

It's fun footage, but a lot of stuff to get through. And depending on which generation you have, some of it is difficult to see and hear.

First generation eh? Maybe I should update my copy and get one from you. I think mine is second or third... I also have 4 tapes - never got through ALL of them. But I did see Bono's trip in the ambulance (where he actually "forgot" his name - Ali had to say "Paul Hewson" when he was asked by the emergency crew in the ambulance. LOL!) and saw the Voices of Freedom perform with U2 on stage (always wanted to see that live - wish they didn't cut that out in R&H).

Yes there were a lot of scenes in the videos that should have been in the movie. i always enjoy hearing out of control. that was on a couple of times. one tree hill is one of my personal favs. i loved it when bono was stumbling with his name. they should have added some outtakes from the rattle and hum dvd for special features. one of those could have been the i still havent.. with new voices.

Ok, I have admittedly never seen this but I've heard about Bono chasing a squirrel around Graceland. That would be cool to see. Someone needs to put some of these clips on the web somewhere.

i Personally dont know how to put the images on here. tht would be cool. ill have to watch the graceland tour again because i dont remember that. its such a long set of tapes so it could be on there and i just havent seen it yet. i just recently got this from yahoo auction.

Yeah, my roommate just got this. Will definately have to steal it from her, lol.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

This sounds so cool!! How can I get my hands on some of these tapes??!?!?!

*Dying of envy.

would love to see the a first generation copy of this. how much was the guy selling them for?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

30 dollars isn't too bad. I remember in the summer of 2000 I was browsing ebay for U2 items, and stumbled upon the tapes. They guy selling them even had special packaging for the tapes, it had R&H era photos on the box, it looked great. So I tried to bid on them because it was sort of a birthday present for myself, well the bid ended at around 120 dollars. I gave up around the 80 dollar mark. I still wonder if the guy who won the bid ended up with first generation or one of the less than steller copies of it that a lot of people seem to have now.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I was inspired by this thread to go and watch my R&H outtakes tape.

So there I am, watching away and somewhere on tape 2, there's U2 backstage. Bono goes into the dressing room, and removes his toupee. Wow! I guess all of you were right - he had a toupee way back in '87! And the camera pans and there are some brochures about hair transplantation on the table. It all makes sense now. So those long luscious locks we saw in the 80's were all fake... Funny that I forgot this.

Then the camera goes into Larry's room and we see Larry surrounded by half-naked men. Larry notices the camera and quickly pretends to be calling Anne. Hmmmm.... I guess there's another rumor that's true.

On tape 3, we finally go back stage with Adam, where he whips out this 5 pound bag of some white powder and just starts sniffing away. And there are sleazy women everywhere. I guess Adam really is the drug-addict womanizer the rumors say.

Lastly, on tape 4 we see Edge. He's changing diapers on about 50 babies, while his lawyer is telling him about yet another paternity suit. I guess Bono wasn't joking when he said in 2001 that Edge really does have more children then Abraham.

Funny how these old tapes are proving all these rumors, huh?

Originally posted by broshere:
ANGEL
GO TO YAHOO AUCTION.
Great service from the guy selling it on there. if its not on there keep looking because it usually on there all the time.

Do you have his email addy? I bet it's expensive too........................

i can get the person who has its email for you. mine is rickbroshear@hotmail.com

No the songs they were working on were never released which makes it even more valuable.

Originally posted by broshere:
HEY LADYLEMON. ITS GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE FROM OHIO. WHERE IN OHIO ARE YOU? YES YOU WILL HAVE TO GET THIS FROM YOUR ROOMMATE.

Hello there! I'm from the Cleveland area, but I live in Bowling Green because I go to BGSU. I know several people from Cinnci that go here...
smile.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Bono goes into the dressing room, and removes his toupee. Wow! I guess all of you were right - he had a toupee way back in '87!

Now, Doc, I'm not sure if your serious here. Are ya???? *hoping he says no*

Then the camera goes into Larry's room and we see Larry surrounded by half-naked men. Larry notices the camera and quickly pretends to be calling Anne. Hmmmm.... I guess there's another rumor that's true.

On tape 3, we finally go back stage with Adam, where he whips out this 5 pound bag of some white powder and just starts sniffing away. And there are sleazy women everywhere. I guess Adam really is the drug-addict womanizer the rumors say.

Lastly, on tape 4 we see Edge. He's changing diapers on about 50 babies, while his lawyer is telling him about yet another paternity suit. I guess Bono wasn't joking when he said in 2001 that Edge really does have more children then Abraham.

Funny how these old tapes are proving all these rumors, huh?

Hehe, well these ones are funny.....but the first rumour......oooohhh.....better NOT be true.
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

WHYWHY:

Why is it that comments about Bono's hair, everyone takes seriously, but comments about Adam's boozing - which probably has a lot more truth to it than we care to think - are readily dismissed as silliness? Hmmmm.....
wink.gif

Once and for all - here is MY view (the only view that matters, IMO) on Bono's hair.

Yes, it has receded. That should be obvious from the "Pop" years when he had his hair super short and we could visibly see his hairline. However, it hasn't receded that much - not like that of a man who has a more severe case of male pattern baldness (like poor Edge).

The short hair during the "Pop" years also shows that Bono has NOT lost any hair in his crown - dispelling the rumor that he had this "bald spot" on the ZOO TV tour that was carefully covered up by a stylist. If he did have this bald spot, it would have been very obvious during the "Pop" years.

The short hair also showed that no transplants took place - at least not up to 1998. If there had been transplants, he would have had scars in the back of his head from the surgery.

As for Bono's look now, you can still see the recession, but his hair is just a little longer, which hides it more. But again, his recession is relatively minor, hence why it doesn't look that bad. If he had transplants, more than likely we would NOT see ANY recession in his hairline. This is why men get transplants - to hide their recession, not emphasize it. Bono just has longer hair now than he did with "Pop," but it's not quite as thick as it used to be during ZOO TV. So it looks a little thinner - something we aren't quite used to seeing. But this doesn't mean he has a bald spot, or has had surgery.

As for Howard Stern's comments - I don't believe a SINGLE thing that man says on his show. I've listened to Stern enough to know that he is an idiot when it comes to so many items in life. Sure, he knows how to stay on the air, but is he really the king of all media? His movie debuted at reasonable numbers, but then plummetted from the movie charts. The soundtrack from the movie debuted at #1 - but during a slow week - and it fell faster than Mariah Carey's last album on the charts. His TV shows have routinely been cancelled. And I haven't exactly seen any of his books on the bestseller's list. So this "king of all media" hardly is ruling with an iron fist - indicating he is not as "brilliant" as he claims to be. I have often heard Stern and his sidekicks give flat out wrong information or have no CLUE about what they were speaking. It was amazing - if they took 10 seconds to do some research, they would have answers to their own questions. But I guess it's far better to listen to Joe Schmoe off the street who wants to spread a rumor about an actor or musician than to find out the truth.

So if you really want to think Bono is bald, fine. But all evidence points to JUST a slight recession of his hairline and that's it. And for a man who will soon be 42, that ain't bad (considering that 80% of men experience some degree of hair loss).

Thanks Doc....
I couldn't be as I'm someone who:
a) is quite gullable
b) wasn't sure about the rumour
c) believe almost every word you, STING and those other guys who post chart news say

Neway...that's my piece.
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

Originally posted by WHYWHY:
Thanks Doc....
I couldn't be as I'm someone who:
a) is quite gullable
b) wasn't sure about the rumour
c) believe almost every word you, STING and those other guys who post chart news say

Neway...that's my piece.
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

ROFLMAO!

Actually, WHYWHY, my comments weren't directed at you really - they were geared towards all those people who believe that Bono has basically reconstructed himself such that he is now 6'2", blond and has a bust. LOL! Seriously, so many people talk about Bono's hair, I just had to chime in and mock them.
biggrin.gif

ROFLMAO!

Actually, WHYWHY, my comments weren't directed at you really - they were geared towards all those people who believe that Bono has basically reconstructed himself such that he is now 6'2", blond and has a bust. LOL! Seriously, so many people talk about Bono's hair, I just had to chime in and mock them.
biggrin.gif

Ah........

*Sees the light*

LOL!

I know.....I'm a bit slow!
biggrin.gif

Bless ya!
WHYWHY

Back
Top Bottom