Rattle & Elevate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowlock

Refugee
I think U2 should do an album after each tour along the lines of Rattle & Hum, mixing new/unreleased songs with their best stand-out performances. If they were to do it for ATYCLB/Elevation 2001, what songs would you choose? What are the best performances to go along with the non-album studio tracks?

For me, it would be the following (asuming these weren't previously released):

1. Levitate
2. Out Of Control (Slane)
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Slane)
4. Love You Like Mad
5. Summer Rain
6. Beautiful Day (Irving Plaza)
7. MLK-Streets (Superbowl)
8. Always
9. Stay (Toronto)
10. Flower Child
11. Don't Take Your Guns To Town
12. The Fly (Boston)
13. Big Girls Are Best
14. Elevation (Irving Plaza)
15. Kite (Slane

Well, that's one way to look at it I guess. The way I look at it is perfect sounding live cuts; the best performances of the tour. I'd pay for it and be glad they did it. Maybe as Bono said last fall, they'll get around to doing that more on iTunes.

I think if they did that they would get masacred by the press. Maybe every now and then but not after every tour. People would get sick of them.

(not me though!)

Last edited:
I'm sure I remember there being talk of the band making their live concerts available for download, for a price, after the shows from the Vertigo tour. I think it was on U2.com but I can't remember.

I do remember thinking, "what a great idea!", because I'm sure there are loads of people (not just me :reject: ) who would love a good quality recording of the show they saw.

But I guess for whatever reason, that got scrapped :(

I think they should release a double album of a live show along with a dvd of the same show, only with extras in it.

Back
Top Bottom