Rate the Song: Winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nick, you should check out the new Lotus Plaza album.

Considering one of their albums is called The Floodlight Collective, (which, in a nice bit of irony, happens to be your avatar) that seems to be more of a record for The Hive™, don't ya think?

Hey, thanks for the tip though! :hug: And all the other posts you regularly throw my way!

(I do feel kinda bad for never replying though).

I'll send you a mediafire link of their new album which is far better than the Floodlight Collective. Otherwise, if you don't like to illegal download, the album comes out April 3rd.

Ah. Still not getting the reference to a supposed shared sense of humour between Panther and I? Care to explain that?

Neither of your attempts at humour come across as particularly witty to anybody else. Sorry.

I'm not sure that Axver ever had a thought that aligned with the Interference hive mind until the Electrical Storm thread.

LemonMelon said:
I'm not sure that Axver ever had a thought that aligned with the Interference hive mind until the Electrical Storm thread.

We're just all genetically deformed worker bees.

just heard this today for the first time.

1. the viva la vida-esque "strings" intro is diabolical - how the hell did this thing get mixed without someone in the room hearing that, sitting up and going "hang on guys, are we really asking people to take this seriously?" this just makes the thing sound like some demo they never got round to doing properly.
2. it's not a crap song on the whole though, pretty springsteeny. :up:

just heard this today for the first time.

1. the 'strings' sound awful
2. it's an alright tune, pretty springsteeny.
3. if i'm honest though, I'm glad it didn't make the album - it's not crap but it's not the best either. especially when you've got a keyboard strings intro that sounds like U2 wanted to do their own Viva La Vida but never got round to hiring the string section. :wink:

out of curiousity, would you prefer it not be on the album in favor of SUC or Cwazy Tonight?

Even I would prefer Winter over SUC. It's like preferring a canker sore over hemorrhoids.

hahaha yeah well be that as it may, I've given this album a few listens this past week thanks to these rate the song threads and found myself enjoying some songs a lot more. especially Stand Up Comedy.

and Mikal trying to suggest there is worse material than Winter that did make the album without so much as a WHISPER of Get On Your Boots is, quite frankly, outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom