Rate the Song: Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ultraviolet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10 Was floored that they pulled this classic out of the closet dusted it off for 360, I was thinking that my memories of this song from ZOOTV and Outside Broadcast would be dimming in my minds eye.

Worth noting... I gave my brother (a longtime casual fan) a copy of Achtung Baby eight years ago, and he asked what songs to watch out for. The two I said were UTEOTW and Ultraviolet.

He loved the whole album, but Ultraviolet quickly became his all-time favorite U2 song. I think he was thrilled when he saw they started playing it live again.

A centerpiece of U2's catalogue, inexplainably beautiful and thrilling. The last two minutes are almost as quintessential in my mind as the first two minutes of Streets. 10.

Ah Axver gave it 0! of course :) :up
Well, anything that sounds like rock'n'roll, he hates. By contrast, anything that sounds like an ethereal New Zealand art-rock band creating wimp-rock soundscapes, he loves. The fact that the latter has nothing whatsoever to do with a rock band from Dublin which he spends a large amount of time trying to be an expert on, is a contradiction that may well be lost on him.

Well, anything that sounds like rock'n'roll, he hates. By contrast, anything that sounds like an ethereal New Zealand art-rock band creating wimp-rock soundscapes, he loves. The fact that the latter has nothing whatsoever to do with a rock band from Dublin which he spends a large amount of time trying to be an expert on, is a contradiction that may well be lost on him.
if you're going to joke about someone's predictability, you should probably get it right rather than embarrassingly wrong.

deadset some of you lunatics take a bit of fun on the internet way too seriously. good god.

The Panther said:

I really don't think that that is a particularly accurate characterization of Axver.

I really don't think that that is a particularly accurate characterization of Axver.

It actually couldn't possibly be more wrong. But it would have been a pretty pathetic personal attack even if he was right, since it has nothing to do with the thread and the person in question didn't even post anything (apart from his opinion about the song in a poll, which of course always warrants a response like that).

But you could say it's a step above from immediately trashing lyrics that a previous poster related to due to the death of a family member I guess.

So he's improving!

It actually couldn't possibly be more wrong. But it would have been a pretty pathetic personal attack even if he was right, since it has nothing to do with the thread and the person in question didn't even post anything (apart from his opinion about the song in a poll, which of course always warrants a response like that).

But you could say it's a step above from immediately trashing lyrics that a previous poster related to due to the death of a family member I guess.

So he's improving!

Great point. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom