Rate The Song: The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Unforgettable Fire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Finally, we have made it into the second quarter of our competition! Today we shall begin rating U2's second era of music, beginning with the first half of The Unforgettable Fire.

Please rate The Unforgettable Fire on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

For the record, U2 rates War as follows:
1) New Year's Day
2) Sunday Bloody Sunday
3) Drowning Man
4) "40"
5) Like A Song…
6) Two Hearts Beat As One
7) Surrender
8) Seconds
9) Red Light
10) The Refugee

In two days, when the round for the second half of unreleased songs through the War era is finished, I will release rankings for every song so far.

My first 10. Fantastic song, and it came back with a vengeance during 360°. Love, love, love it.

What an incredible and beautiful song. I really wish they had still played this during the U2360 shows in 2010 and 2011, as I really wanted to see it live, but Zooropa really made up for it. :wink:

Anyways, my second favorite track on The Unforgettable Fire, just perfect. Giving it a 10.

I don't like this as much as some people, but I still give it a '9'!

As a side note, the first time I ever knew U2 existed was when I saw 'The Unforgettable Fire' video on Canadian TV when I was about 8 years old.

A shame that this song has to fall to A Sort of Homecoming, but there has to be a second best track somewhere on TUF. 9.

Possibly my favourite ever U2 song. As Coolian says, if this song doesn't give you the chills you should seek professional help.

gvox said:
This is what I was talkin about in my little speech about rating each on it's own merits with no thought to what you'll give another track..why can't both be a 10? Makes no sense to me.

Maybe he ranks TUF enough below ASOH to put it in another category? Maybe he's putting only his very favorite songs as 10s?

gvox said:
I dunno, seemed to me he felt compelled to rank it a 9 if only because there was another song that was a 10. Without ASOH, he might have ranked it a 10, in other words. :shrug:

If that is the case, then I do definitely agree with you.

I usually just breeze right by these polls, but I have to put a good word in for what is probably one of my top 5 U2 songs. Just a gorgeous, magic song that only gets better with time.

gvox said:
This is what I was talkin about in my little speech about rating each on it's own merits with no thought to what you'll give another track..why can't both be a 10? Makes no sense to me.

I would have given it a 9 anyway, it's just really really close to being perfect but not quite enough to merit a 10. My phrasing was definitely confusing there.

For me one of U2's masterpieces, TUF scores an easy 10. Whole song, like much of this album, is just a pure eargasm. Ethereal beauty. Gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it, and I feel fortunate for having been able to see it twice on 360. Deserves to be played at every show, IMHO.

Absolutely AWESOME song one of my all time favs :drool:

Back
Top Bottom