Rate The Song: The Ocean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: The Ocean

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall finish rating Boy, after the poll for I Will Follow has closed. After these polls close, I will release stats on just Boy.

Please rate The Ocean on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun!

I like it a lot, and I think it was important to have a track like this in the midst of Boy to add some texture and diversify the sound a bit. That said, it's too short and insubstantial to get more than a 7. (People are giving 9's to a 90-second instrumental...?)

It's a very likeable song, so I give it a 7. It's fun to hear a young Bono try to be convincing.

"I thought the world could go far if they listened to what I said."

I can understand why you say that but I just really like the song. For what it is, it's great.

Musically, this isn't much. I like the atmosphere, but I can hardly remember how it goes at the moment. Lyrically, however, it's positively brilliant. Lots of great youthful megalomania happening here. 7.

7: beautiful atmosphere (as others have said). There's not one bad song on Boy. I'm not much into the closer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom