Rate The Song: Stories For Boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: Stories For Boys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall begin the bulk of the Rate The Song series by evaluating the first half of Boy, excluding I Will Follow.

Please rate Stories For Boys on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close 96 hours from when it was posted.

What happened to Twilight, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart and Out of Control?

I like all of those a lot better. I find the chorus in this one kind of cheesy (Bono affects his voice in a really irritating manner there), and the verses are sort of an unmelodic nothing. On the other hand, the intro riff is badass as hell. It's not a bad song or anything, but it's not especially great, and my least favorite on Boy. 6.

:doh: Is this how it'll be done from here on out, multiple threads per day to go along with the lengthy 96 hour time limit?

LemonMelon said:
:doh: Is this how it'll be done from here on out, multiple threads per day to go along with the lengthy 96 hour time limit?

Yeppers. I think we've done this the same way before, though I think the guy running it disappeared halfway through.

I like this tune. It's probably the one track on Boy that I like more now than I did 15 or 20 years ago.

Did anyone else actually have one of those "Stories for Boys" books in Elementary School? I remember reading them when I was 6 or 7.

I like this song. One of the strongest on Boy, yet the chorus is odd. The riff and the intensity is really great, though. The beginning is probably my favorite part of the song.

I give it a 7. The song just has power from start to finish, like a few others on Boy.

Myself personally, I don't like the song so take it with a grain of salt. I couldn't tell you much as to why, it is just a least favorite for me.

I give it a 4. It has a good tune but it isn't all there.

The fans that voted the A-side of U2-3 were wise to choose OOC over SFB (and Boy/Girl).

^ you mean Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler? Yeah we all had those as long as we knew where dad's stash was...
Note the difference:

102604353.jpg

MLL11r-StagStoriesForMenWEB.jpg

:sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom