Rate the Song: Stateless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stateless

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
It is the very last stretch of this competition. Today, we begin voting on the first of three (planned) rounds of 2000s non-album songs. The list I am looking at right now is:

Stateless
Summer Rain
Always
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Big Girls are Best
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America
Native Son
Xanax and Wine
Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
Window in the Skies
Soon
Winter
Mercy

That is seventeen songs. If I missed anything, please let me know. Also, remember that The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Fast Cars, and No Line On The Horizon 2 are all considered 2000s non-album songs, but have had their rounds earlier. Today we will vote on the first six songs, Stateless through Smile.

Please rate Stateless on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofaXtaIQDE

Don't hate it, but not crazy about it either. Still a hundred times better than the weaker material they've produced since then though. 5.

Not bad at all...moody and opaque. I have a feeling this got left off ATYCLB because, well, it was on the MDH soundtrack, but also it sounds more like the the type of song they were leaving behind than the "new" sound they were creating. This is probably not the type of song they wanted to associate their comeback with. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

I kinda like this one. Great to listen to when driving in the rain. Though there is just something about this song that was just left here. They didn't pursue this particular sound, and that makes it unique. 7.

Beautiful song all-around. Love it, one of the strongest B-sides in this era. Love how it starts calm and ends strong. 8.

Not bad at all...moody and opaque. I have a feeling this got left off ATYCLB because, well, it was on the MDH soundtrack, but also it sounds more like the the type of song they were leaving behind than the "new" sound they were creating. This is probably not the type of song they wanted to associate their comeback with. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

I agree, it probably isn't the type of song they wanted to be associated with> this strikes me as crazy though as it's such a great song and exactly the type of classy, moody piece that befits the all time great band that they are.

More importantly, it doesn't sound like anything on ATYCLB and thus got left out. Just like Fast cars and Mercy don't fit on HTDAAB.

Back
Top Bottom