Rate the Song: Stand Up Comedy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SUC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely nowhere near U2's worst song. It's not good...but I really can't see it being anything worse than anything post-War really.

At this point, Interference seems to consider SUC the fifth worst song U2 have ever made. Only J.Swallo, Ito Okashi, Elvis Ate America, and Drunk Chicken/America rank below it. SUC is below the likes of Viva Davidoff and Boy/Girl.

Plenty of weaker songs in their catalogue compared to the overhated SUC.

At this point, Interference seems to consider SUC the fifth worst song U2 have ever made. Only J.Swallo, Ito Okashi, Elvis Ate America, and Drunk Chicken/America rank below it. SUC is below the likes of Viva Davidoff and Boy/Girl. Wow, this song is really disliked.

The fact that this song got 25 ratings of 7 or above, and is still the 5th most disliked song on this site, tells me something. I'm not quite sure what...except that maybe the vast majority of U2's catalogue suffers from pretty serious grade inflation around there parts.

Then again, this is a U2 fan site. :)

It seems that almost every song in these polls (at least the songs on the albums) has SOMEONE who loves it, and gives it a 10. At least one person.

Not this one.

:sigh: Some Days Are Better Than Others never received a 10 either.

I feel partially responsible, since I only gave it a 9.

The fact that this song got 25 ratings of 7 or above, and is still the 5th most disliked song on this site, tells me something. I'm not quite sure what...except that maybe the vast majority of U2's catalogue suffers from pretty serious grade inflation around there parts.

Then again, this is a U2 fan site. :)

Well, that and grades suffer from a huge bias (overhype tendency for 90's songs and overcritical tendency on 00's songs).

That big annual atu2.com poll is more accurate, and more indicative of the overall U2 fandom opinion.

How many people participate in that one? I know I've voted in it, but don't remember any of the specifics.

At this point, Interference seems to consider SUC the fifth worst song U2 have ever made. Only J.Swallo, Ito Okashi, Elvis Ate America, and Drunk Chicken/America rank below it. SUC is below the likes of Viva Davidoff and Boy/Girl. Wow, this song is really disliked.

I actually like the song. :reject:

Boy/Girl far better than SUC(k)

Also, this post was written before the final numbers for BGAB roll in.

Well, that and grades suffer from a huge bias (overhype tendency for 90's songs and overcritical tendency on 00's songs).

The results don't suffer from "overhype tendency" or unfair criticism. They are merely informed by the opinion of roughly 60 or so U2 fans. The flaw is that the sample size is considerably smaller than that of atu2's poll and, therefore, the results differ. It has nothing to do with the damn hive.

If you're going to claim that a unique Interference bias causes these results, you have to first construct an objective, concrete ranking of U2 songs. Then you have to eliminate extraneous variables such as taste. See if you can do so and we'll talk.

I've just checked out one atu2 poll where Ultra Violet was voted by far and away the favorite Achtung Baby song. The sample size was much bigger than 60 people. So much for that one being closer to the "outside world" (better to say, oh God how the fuck didn't One win that convincingly??).

The hive is even greater than we thought.

The official anthem of the hive - Acrobat - was at a disappointing 5th place. But it still outranked singles like Even Better Than the Real Thing and Mysterious Ways. One was higher so they're obviously not brainwashed enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom