Rate the Song: Some Days Are Better Than Others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdabto

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
And now for the second half of Zooropa!

Please rate Some Days Are Better Than Others on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Nothing pointless about it. Wonderful bass line, catchy chorus, sublimely psychedelic fuzzbox soloing from Edge, and I love how the lyrics dip into surrealism in spots, hinting at that strange sensation you sometimes get when you wake up and aren't entirely sure where you are at first. Fun, heady pop; the zing that this modern fantasy needs to balance out all the paranoia and isolation. 9/10

Nothing pointless about it. Wonderful bass line, catchy chorus, sublimely psychedelic fuzzbox soloing from Edge, and I love how the lyrics dip into surrealism in spots, hinting at that strange sensation you sometimes get when you wake up and aren't entirely sure where you are at first. Fun, heady pop; the zing that this modern fantasy needs to balance out all the paranoia and isolation. 9/10

This, this and more this!

The fuzzbox in particular is absolutely sublime!!!!!!

Love Adam's bass on this one - but seriously, just a filler. Good song, great chorus, and Edge's "solo" towards the end. 8 for me.

Isn't the solo backwards?

Regardless, this song reminds me of one of John Lennon's songs on Revolver. And I mean that in the best way possible. It sounds. So. Fucking. Cool.

"Some days have bouncers that won't let you in" is one of Bono's best lines.

And everyone is ruling their instruments so hard on this thing, in a way we've never heard before. Bono delivers the verses in that measured, almost lazy style that's reflective of the album's surreal tone, but on the chorus he belts it out like no one else can.

Fuck the haters.

I'm with Laz on this. Btw I love the jangly, jumpy chorus. I think it's catchy as hell. If I hear it right before school I always have it stuck in my head. And it doesn't really seem like it's a U2 song either. That's part of what makes it so awesome.

What a great bassline, and musically its just so damned infectious and fun, topped off with clever lyrics that ring so fucking true for every day life. Great little tune.

Isn't the solo backwards?
this song reminds me of one of John Lennon's songs on Revolver. And I mean that in the best way possible. It sounds. So. Fucking. Cool.

Im a huge fan of John Lennon.....This piece of shit of a song doesn't hold a candle to Lennon's worst output, let alone comparison to songs on one of The Beatles finest records. Worst. U. 2. Song. Ever. (with Red Light, Refugee and that Elvis debacle on TUF)

Back
Top Bottom