Rate The Song: Shadows And Tall Trees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: Shadows And Tall Trees

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall finish rating Boy, after the poll for I Will Follow has closed. After these polls close, I will release stats on just Boy.

Please rate Shadows And Tall Trees on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun!

My least favorite on Boy. I never really liked it to such an extent, especially the ending. But at the same time, it's not bad. I give it a 5.

I find the atmosphere of this song truly haunting, and that chord progression played on such a jangly acoustic guitar reminds me of Syd Barrett's songwriting in a strange way. It's very offbeat, and not necessarily catchy, but it grabs your attention and keeps it. I adore the last minute or so. I dunno, I love this song. 9.

^ holy shit, really? I thought I was the only one. This is an easy 9 for me. I fucking love it to death. Personally I think the "well I know, I know..." bits are the most affecting part of the entire album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom