Rate the Song Series: Zoo Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Zoo Station

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
It's Achtung time! And before we get into this here's your latest recap

3 All I Want Is You (Holy overrated Batman)

9 Heartland

13 Hawkmoon 269

27 God Part II

41 Desire
42 Angel of Harlem

51 Van Diemen's Land

61 Hallelujah Here She Comes

81 When Loves Come to Town

95 Love Rescue Me

97 A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel

So you've all got a day to rate this enjoy
and

START REQUESTING THE OUTTAKES YOU WANT TO VOTE ON OR THERES NO ROUND

An 8 again. It's the opener of Zoo TV and Achtung, what can I say?

She's Gonna Blow Your House Down, sounds pretty complete, and I do like Take Today as it is, before it evolved into North and South of the River....

Achtung time!

Zoo Station, best song on U2's best album, easy 10, timeless, incredible moment in the U2 catalogue.

:panic:

a ten, perhaps not so much for the song itself, but just how awesome it sounds, and how great a job it does as kicking off the band's 180.

and, for those with a keen ear, it was the theme song to the australian football videos ;)

8. Great opener for AB, but not an over-the-top-amazing song in its own right.

Also, I'm glad to be in the nineties, and can't wait to give every third song a ten. :wink:

Ugh, AIWIY third? Ahead of Heartland? Come on.

For out-takes, let's do I Feel Free and Take You Down.

As for ZS, 7. Good, not great.

7. I love the chorus and I'm starting to like the effects they've put on Bono's voice, but not a song I listen to very often. Works great in the context of the album but not a song I choose if I'm gonna listen to a couple of random U2 songs.

I rated it a 9; I find this song to fare quite well in its own right, but, as some have already commented, it is only strengthened by its placement at the front of the album. The vocal effects suit the lyrics perfectly; when listening to it I feel as though I am wandering through a German city at night.

My only complaint about it is that the marimba-like instrument in the background reminds me of "Tonight Tonight" by Genesis.

Every song from this album is gonna get a 10 from me. That's right, every song including Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World.

8. It's a great opener and I just get goosebumps everytime I hear '"I'm ready!". The effects on Bono's voice work. But when compare this song to other AB songs I have to say it's one of the "worst" songs on AB. But that's still excellent.

8/10. 12/10 live though.

3 All I Want Is You

This is a beautiful thing. If we're talking overrated, though I personally love the song, I think it's pretty absurd that TUF is considered the greatest song U2 recorded between 1978 and 1989. Furthermore, if a song is universally beloved to the extent that NO ONE dislikes it, it deserves a top 3 placing. Period.

A 10 for sure.
Unless you were a big fan at the time it's really hard to truly appreciate how big a shock Zoo Station and Achtung Baby were. Listen to All I want Is You, the last song on Rattle and Hum and then Zoo Station, a real transition.
An incredible start to my favourite album of all time. The intro gives more than a nod to Hallogallo by Neu, one of my favourite other bands. I used to study not far from Zoo Station in Berlin itself to.
Love it.

I gave it a 10. Live is even better. I though they did an awesome job on the Vertigo tour to give it a more dirtier, dark feel to it. Loved it!

auf dem bahnhof zoo im damenklo (nina hagen)
ich bin ein berliner (jfk)
first song of the best album ever
:applaud:

10. every song from AB gets a 10 from me. my alter ego named "LoveTownTourist" also will give it 10's.

wait...did i just write that?

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass.

Definately a 10 for me.

Hmm. Much as I love AB (it is my favorite album ever), I couldn't bring myself to rate it all 10s. I'll give One, UTEOTW, The Fly, and Ultraviolet all tens, for sure. Real Thing and Mysty Ways have a chance, too. WGRYWH, Acrobat, and LIB are all solid nines for me, with TTYAATW a seven or an eight. So Cruel will probably be a five or a six. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom