Rate the Song Series: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So last round was interesting we came so close to having an actual new leader but no...oh well maybe next time, you have a day to do this

Interference's Top U2 Songs
2 Until the End of the World (0.004386 behind)

14 Zoo Station

23 Even Better Than The Real Thing

28 One

64 alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk korova

74 Salome

76 Where Did It All Go Wrong?

what is currently #1??

on the vote, a 10. At times this song might just be my favorite U2 song. The clean, spacious chorus just goes so well with the lyric. At times it's a semi-skippable song to me but those few times it really hits home are enough for a 10.

It's rare that I agree with Axver, but I do. I'm gonna score this an '8' though, because it's still a really solid track although it seems a bit average amongst the genius of Achtung Baby (I'd say this song is better, for example, than any on NLOTH except maybe "Magnificent"). The "took a drive in the rain" bridge is just sublime.

I had the impression that this was very much a Bono song. I seem to remember reading, back in the day, that Bono had been working on this song for a long time and the others were very un-enthused about it. Guess he won them over in the end.

(I find it hard to believe that "The Unforgettable Fire" is #1 so far on these lists. I can only assume it's a credit to how few people hate it, as opposed to how much people love it.)

yeah you're goddam right i'm giving out another ten. i feel like a bit like the eykiw version of a st. kilda street worker, but i love this song, and if it wasn't for this i may never have come back to achtung for a second listen.

9. My least favourite song on the record but still a great tune, top lyrics too. As good as almost anything from this decade.

8. When it's on its own, it's good. But if you listen to it as part of the album, that's a whole different story. :up:

It has an awesome bridge. If the bridge weren't as good i'd probably give a 7. But now I'm giving it a 9. (I would like to give a 10 but I don't want to give all AB songs a 10)

I gave it an eight. Good song, not my favorite on AB. I generally don't mind Achtung cheese, because I think it fits the album (see: Ultraviolet), but this song and So Cruel are where it gets a little too over-the-top for me.

It is slightly cheesy, and kinda unlucky, considering it and So Cruel find themselves in the middle of some amazing stuff, but it has its moments, especially in the early live versions. A decent 8.

It's rare that I agree with Axver, but I do. I'm gonna score this an '8' though, because it's still a really solid track although it seems a bit average amongst the genius of Achtung Baby (I'd say this song is better, for example, than any on NLOTH except maybe "Magnificent"). The "took a drive in the rain" bridge is just sublime.

I had the impression that this was very much a Bono song. I seem to remember reading, back in the day, that Bono had been working on this song for a long time and the others were very un-enthused about it. Guess he won them over in the end.

(I find it hard to believe that "The Unforgettable Fire" is #1 so far on these lists. I can only assume it's a credit to how few people hate it, as opposed to how much people love it.)

i know you don't like NLOTH, but is it really necessary to, once again, bash it in a poll rating "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"?

9, easy. Went a long, long time without being a favorite, but one day it clicked with me. Don't know why it was so hard for U2 to make this into a complete song, the melody is very simple, and it would feel like a very natural pop song if not for its heartwrenching lyrics and bleary atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom