Rate the Song Series: Where Did It All Go Wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Where Did It All Go Wrong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it probably should have been on some album, or something.

Gave it 6. I guess it's fun but I'm happy it didn't make it on the album.

When I'm listening to this, it's a fucking ten. Too fun.

I guess it's really a nine but I don't care, I gave it that ten anyway.

One of my favorite b-sides from the Achtung Baby era ... great groove throughout and a great non-album track selection. Maybe if it was ever completed it could have been an album track later on ...

When I'm listening to this, it's a fucking ten. Too fun.

I guess it's really a nine but I don't care, I gave it that ten anyway.

This song which was considered not good enough to make the album is a 10 whereas EBTTRT is a 3? Reeeeally??? At least with "One" I can somewhat understand how you may see it as a re-write of WOWY (even though I don't see it that way) but EBTTRT is as upbeat and different as this song. Some of your opinions boggle my mind to no end but I'll leave them as that and respect them as just opinions.

This song which was considered not good enough to make the album is a 10 whereas EBTTRT is a 3? Reeeeally??? At least with "One" I can somewhat understand how you may see it as a re-write of WOWY (even though I don't see it that way) but EBTTRT is as upbeat and different as this song. Some of your opinions boggle my mind to no end but I'll leave them as that and respect them as just opinions.

I just don't have any particular opinion about EBTTRT. If I went and voted on it now, I'd probably throw it a 5. I just don't care. :shrug:

This song, however, as LM said, could've been the Spanish Eyes of the Zoo era. And it's no secret that Spanish Eyes is one of my favourite U2 tracks. WDIAGW follows its footsteps VERY effectively.

(And I don't see One as a WOWY re-write. I've gone out of my way in the past to emphasise that. I've said it belongs to the same style or template of song as WOWY, AIWIY, Stay, et al. Saying songs share compositional similarities is nothing like saying one is a re-write of another, or else I'd be saying most music is just re-writing ten or so songs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom