Rate the Song Series: Wave of Sorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Wave of Sorrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... seven. Good song.

Are we going to retroactively do a vote for Disappearing Act and that instrumental I can't spell?

1. Rubbish song. The music actually seems OK, but Bono completely ruins it, especially with the awful conclusion. U2, leave these old songs alone.

Are we going to retroactively do a vote for Disappearing Act and that instrumental I can't spell?

Also, can we wait until after the official physical release to vote for the two Unforgettable Fire era songs?

I give WOS an 8. Quality tune overall, just a shame it's got new-age Bono vocal over the top, because it detracts from the JohuaTree-ness of the song.

We're not doing that round until the end, they're being added as B-sides for the NLOTH era to try to stop hype from affecting their result

2. This song is utter garbage. The music is ok, but then Bono opens his mouth and it all goes downhill...the only bad point on an otherwise perfect TJT boxset.

So tempted to give it a 0, I can't listen to it. But the odd lyric is okay, and it hasn't actually caused bleeding from the ears. So a 1 from me.

for me its a 10!! the song has a deep desperate atmosphere and imo shows some hints of future stuff (achtung baby outtakes).

I suppose I am in the minority with this one - I love it. Voted it a 9. I actually like the lyrics and find them, on the whole, vastly superior to the 2 albums that preceded it (and I do enjoy the spoken-word ending). The atmosphere is spectacular and I am curious as to how an instrumental would sound in comparison. I'm actually kind of amazed when hearing complaints of these newly recorded takes of older material (this and DA in particular)... starting to think some fans are vastly overrating their older material (I'm sorry, but TUF is not *that* good... first half is fine, but aside from Bad, the second half feels like a drag. I really don't think U2 became quality songwriters until TJT). Anyway, just my 2 cents....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom