Rate the Song Series: Until the End of the World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Until the End of the World

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Well thank god that last round is over, remember guys we're one but we're not the same so people are perfectly within their rights to hate a song you love. Well anyway let's get things back on track with the double whammy of Until the End of the World and Salome...on your marks get set vote! You have one day

10. Brilliant live and studio (live is better of course). Love Edge's solo.

Only two or three U2 songs can be labelled as perfection, two be fair.

10 =/= perfect song.

Well, true. Perhaps I should've said "it's great but it's not sheer excellence", since my rating system for this is:

10: Excellent
9: Great
8: Pretty good
7: Good
6. Decent
5. Average
4. Weak
3. Poor
2. I never listen to this
1. Atrocious
0. Elvis Ate America (and the worst of the worst)

Well, true. Perhaps I should've said "it's great but it's not sheer excellence", since my rating system for this is:

10: Excellent
9: Great
8: Pretty good
7: Good
6. Decent
5. Average
4. Weak
3. Poor
2. I never listen to this
1. Atrocious
0. Elvis Ate America (and the worst of the worst)

Mine:

10 - tuf bono
9 - Highly respectable
8 - Quite respectable
7 - Respectable
6 - Guinness
5 - Inthistowntastic Bono
4 - *hic*
3 - Larry
2 - Paul McGuinness
1 - Raditude
0 - Brokencyde

Mine:

10 - tuf bono
9 - Highly respectable
8 - Quite respectable
7 - Respectable
6 - Guinness
4 - *hic*
3 - Larry
2 - Paul McGuinness
1 - Raditude
0 - Brokencyde

I would suggest brokeNCYDE > Paul McGuinne$$.

i think i said this in an earlier thread, but i'm trying to reserve 10s for songs that are in my top 10 as well as my favourite song from the album in particular. though usually those two lists overlap, obviously. but sadly, it results in me giving out a lot of 9s where i feel a 10 would work, but i just don't want to make it seem like i give out 10s willy nilly. i overthink these things.

i've been giving out 10s willy nilly. works fine for me. another here!

the first song i really loved from achtung, and still do as of today.

in my dreams i was drowning my sorrows
but my sorrows they learned to swim
surrounding me, going down on me
spilling over the brim
in waves of regret and waves of joy
i reached out for the one i tried to destroy
you, you said you'd wait until the end of the world

:heart::rockon:

i think i said this in an earlier thread, but i'm trying to reserve 10s for songs that are in my top 10 as well as my favourite song from the album in particular. though usually those two lists overlap, obviously. but sadly, it results in me giving out a lot of 9s where i feel a 10 would work, but i just don't want to make it seem like i give out 10s willy nilly. i overthink these things.

Don't worry, you are not alone, I do too. I'm trying to only give 10's to my elite group of about 10-12 songs. Problem is I've already given out about 10 10's already.

Not that big a fan of UTTEOW, has a rightful and respected place on the Achtung Baby album, but I reckon it pales in comparison to the opening 3 tracks.

Lyrics are some of Bono's greatest though....

I part with the majority in that I haven't been blown over by any of the live versions I've heard -- they're solid, but lacking some of the punch of the original. I also find the Bono ham-acting on stage for this song a bit much for my tastes (Bono is great at subtlety in lyrics; not so great at subtlety in performance). Nevertheless, the song itself is a 10. That bad-ass guitar riff is just too sweet.

I've started doing this also, although with admittedly less thought :lol: It just occurred to me that the poll would be kindof skewed if everyone rated every song they remotely liked a 9 or 10 ;)

Mine:

10 - tuf bono
9 - Highly respectable
8 - Quite respectable
7 - Respectable
6 - Guinness
4 - *hic*
3 - Larry
2 - Paul McGuinness
1 - Raditude
0 - Brokencyde

Hang your head in shame LemonMelon, Guinness is a straight 10, right up there with TUF Bono!!

10! I love the weird intro, and boy does it rock live with the guitar solo, it is a fantastic example of what a guitar solo should sound like.

Still being played at high levels of awesomeness on 360!

:rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom